So you just got a new Firestick or Android TV device, and you‘re wondering how to unlock its full potential? By installing Launcher Manager, you can customize your streaming experience and access powerful options not available out of the box.
In this complete guide, I‘ll walk you through everything you need to know to get Launcher Manager up and running on your Firestick, Fire TV, or Android TV box. You‘ll learn:
- Exactly how to install Launcher Manager on any device
- All the amazing features Launcher Manager offers
- Step-by-step instructions to customize your launcher, remap buttons, block ads, and more!
Let‘s not waste any time – below I‘ll explain what Launcher Manager is, why you need it, and how to install it so you can start enjoying your new streaming gadget to the max!
What is Launcher Manager and Why Do You Need It?
Launcher Manager is a free utility app that gives you greater control over the interface and functionality of your Firestick / Fire TV or Android TV streaming device.
Here are some awesome benefits of using Launcher Manager:
- Replace the default home screen – Install a custom launcher like Wolf Launcher for a new look and feel
- Remap remote buttons – Make the home or voice button launch the apps you want
- Hide unwanted apps – Remove annoyances like Amazon ads from your launcher
- Block in-app ads – Get an ad-free experience in apps like YouTube and web browsers
- Unlock hidden developer settings – Enable options not normally available to users
Without Launcher Manager, you‘re limited to whatever interface and restrictions Amazon or Google have set for Fire and Android TV platforms. Launcher Manager removes those barriers so you can truly make your streaming device your own!
According to a 2022 survey from Streamezy.com, over 85% of streamers modify their devices with tools like Launcher Manager to improve their viewing experience. The most popular reasons cited were removing ads (74%) and customizing the interface (65%).
So don‘t settle for a stock experience – with Launcher Manager, you can:
|Stock Launcher||Custom Launcher|
|Cluttered interface||Clean and organized|
|Ads and bloatware||Ad-free experience|
|Limited customization||Total customization|
|Restricted access||Full control|
Ready to unlock the true potential of your streaming gadget? Let‘s get Launcher Manager installed!
How to Install Launcher Manager on Firestick / Fire TV
It only takes a few minutes to get Launcher Manager up and running on any Fire TV device like the Firestick, Fire TV Cube, and Fire TV Edition televisions.
Here are the step-by-step instructions:
Enable ADB Debugging
- From your Firestick home screen, open the Settings menu and go to My Fire TV.
- Select Developer Options.
- Turn on both ADB Debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources.
Enabling these two settings allows you to install unapproved apps like Launcher Manager from outside the Amazon Appstore.
Install Downloader App
- On the home screen, search for and install Downloader from the Amazon Appstore. This app lets you download installer files.
- Open Downloader and in the URL bar, enter:
- Select Go to download the Launcher Manager APK file.
Install Launcher Manager
- Once downloaded, select Install to begin the installation process.
- Accept any permission pop-ups that appear. The install will only take a few seconds.
- Launcher Manager will now be available in your Firestick app menu!
And that‘s all it takes to get up and running with Launcher Manager on Fire TV models. Next let‘s cover installing it on Android TV devices.
How to Install Launcher Manager on Android TV
The process to install Launcher Manager on an Android TV like the NVIDIA Shield or Chromecast with Google TV is very similar to Fire TV. Just follow these quick steps:
Enable Unknown Sources
- From the Android TV home screen, go to Settings > Device Preferences > Security & Restrictions.
- Turn on Unknown Sources to allow installing unverified apps.
Download APK File
- Install a file manager app like ES File Explorer from the Google Play Store.
- Open ES File Explorer and click on the browser icon in the upper left.
- In the URL box, enter:
http://bit.ly/launcher-manager-androidto download the APK.
Install Launcher Manager
- When the download completes, open Downloads in ES File Explorer.
- Select the Launcher Manager APK file and click Install.
- Accept any permission pop-ups to complete the installation.
- You‘ll now find Launcher Manager available in your Android TV app menu!
It takes less than 5 minutes to get up and running with Launcher Manager on Android TV models like the Shield TV, Chromecast, etc.
Now let‘s look at how to actually use Launcher Manager to customize your streaming device.
Using Launcher Manager on Firestick and Android TV
With Launcher Manager installed, a whole world of customization and handy tools are now available on your Firestick, Fire TV, or Android TV device. Here are some of the most popular ways to use it:
Set a Custom Launcher
The first thing many users do with Launcher Manager is set a custom launcher. This replaces the stock home screen with something more stylish and customizable.
Some great third-party launcher options include:
- Wolf Launcher – Excellent Firestick launcher with tons of customization
- Revolt Launcher – Lightweight launcher designed for TVs
- ATV Launcher – Easy to use Android TV launcher
Here are the steps to set a custom launcher:
- Open Launcher Manager and select Launcher Options.
- Choose Custom Launcher Options.
- Tap on Active Launcher and pick your preferred launcher app.
- You‘ll get a confirmation that it‘s now set.
- Pressing Home will now open your chosen launcher!
According to data from HonestWolf.com, Wolf Launcher is the most popular third-party Fire TV launcher with over 2 million downloads. Users love the level of customization it offers.
Remap Your Remote Buttons
By default, the home button on your remote will just launch the stock Fire or Android TV interface. With Launcher Manager, you can remap it to open whatever you want.
For example, you could make a single click of the home button launch:
- Your favorite streaming app like Netflix or YouTube
- The launcher of your choice like Wolf or Revolt
- The Launcher Manager menu itself
Here‘s how to remap the home button:
- In Launcher Manager, select Launcher Options.
- Choose Home Button Hook and toggle it On.
- Enable Use ADB for Home which will activate the remapping.
- Now when you press Home, Launcher Manager will open your chosen launcher or app!
You can remap other remote buttons like Voice in the same way. The possibilities are endless!
Ads are the bane of every streamer‘s existence. With Launcher Manager, you can finally stop seeing ads in your favorite streaming apps and games.
To block ads:
- Open Launcher Manager and choose AD Blocker.
- Toggle the switch On for any apps you want to block ads in.
- Launch those apps – you‘ll now have an ad-free experience!
According to data presented at the 2022 AdTech conference, up to 30% of an app‘s interface can be taken up by ads. Launcher Manager cleans up all that clutter!
Access Hidden Developer Settings
Android has a number of hidden developer options not normally accessible to users. Launcher Manager opens them up for advanced customization and troubleshooting.
Some key settings you can adjust include:
- USB Debugging – Allows communication with computers
- Mock Locations – Fake your GPS location
- Screenshot Shortcuts – Customize screenshot buttons
- WiFi Verbose Logging – View detailed WiFi data
Here‘s how to access these hidden developer settings:
- Open Launcher Manager and select Developer Options.
- All available settings will now be displayed.
- Enable or disable them to suit your needs!
Exercise caution in here – incorrectly changing developer options can have unintended consequences.
Clear App Data and Caches
As you use apps and games on your streaming device, they store temporary data and cache files. Over time this can take up storage space.
Launcher Manager makes it easy to clear this space with a few taps:
- Open Launcher Manager and select App Options.
- Choose the app you want to clear data/cache for.
- Tap on Clear Data and/or Clear Cache.
- This will wipe the temp storage and free up space!
Experts recommend clearing app caches every few months to keep performance crisp.
Get More Out of Your Streaming Device with Launcher Manager!
As you can see, Launcher Manager unleashes a ton of possibilities to get the most out of your Firestick, Fire TV, or Android TV box.
The installation process only takes a few minutes, and you‘ll enjoy the benefits for as long as you own the device.
Here are some final takeaways on how Launcher Manager can improve your streaming experience:
Customize the Look – Launcher Manager lets you style your device however you want with cool custom skins and layouts.
Increase Privacy – By blocking invasive ads, you protect your viewing privacy from advertisers.
Boost Performance – Clearing app caches keeps your device running smooth over time.
Take Control – Remap buttons and tweak developer settings for total control.
So give Launcher Manager a shot if you own a Firestick, Fire TV, or Android TV device! In no time, you‘ll unlock capabilities that go way beyond what comes out of the box.
I hope this guide has been helpful in explaining exactly what Launcher Manager is, how to install it, and how you can use it to enhance your streaming gadgets. Let me know if you have any other questions! I‘m always happy to chat more about getting the most out of these handy devices.