Tubi is a popular free streaming service with thousands of movies and TV shows available on-demand. In this guide, I‘ll provide a list of the best movies on Tubi along with simple instructions for installing the Tubi app on various devices like Firestick, Roku, Android, and more.
Overview of Tubi
Tubi is an ad-supported video on demand (AVOD) service that offers a huge library of movies and shows to stream for free. The catalog includes over 20,000 titles across genres like action, comedy, drama, horror, documentary, family, and more.
Some key things to know about Tubi:
- 100% free – no subscription or login required
- Ad-supported – short ads play during videos
- Large catalog – over 20k movies and shows
- Apps for most devices – Firestick, Roku, iOS, Android etc.
- New titles added regularly
While the library may not be as robust as subscription services like Netflix or Hulu, Tubi is a great free option for casual viewing. The best part is you can install the app on pretty much any device and start watching instantly without needing an account.
Next up, let‘s look at some of the top movies available on Tubi.
Best Movies on Tubi
Tubi has a fantastic selection of movies spanning many decades and genres. Here are some of the most popular and highest rated movies on Tubi based on IMDb ratings:
- Schindler‘s List (1993) – 8.9/10
- Apocalypto (2006) – 7.8/10
- Rain Man (1988) – 8/10
- The Matrix (1999) – 8.7/10
- Nosferatu (1979) – 7.5/10
- Superbad (2007) – 7.6/10
- Platoon (1986) – 8.1/10
- Road House (1989) – 6.5/10
- Dances With Wolves (1990) – 8/10
- Silence of the Lambs (1991) – 8.6/10
- The Terminator (1984) – 8/10
- Driving Miss Daisy (1989) – 7.4/10
- Pulp Fiction (1994) – 8.9/10
- The Princess Bride (1987) – 8/10
- Amadeus (1984) – 8.3/10
Beyond top movies, Tubi also has a stellar selection of cult classics, indie flicks, foreign films, documentaries and more. You‘ll find popular titles like Fight Club, Donnie Darko, Napoleon Dynamite, The Blair Witch Project and many others.
Next up, let‘s go over the steps to install the Tubi app on various devices.
How to Install the Tubi App
The Tubi app is available on most streaming platforms and devices. Here are simple instructions to install Tubi on Firestick, Roku, Android, iPhone, and smart TVs:
Install Tubi on Firestick
- From the Firestick home screen, select "Search"
- Type in "Tubi"
- Select the Tubi app from the results
- Choose "Download"
- Once downloaded, select "Open" to launch
Install Tubi on Roku
- From the Roku home screen, go to "Search"
- Search for "Tubi"
- Select the Tubi app and click "Add Channel"
- Wait for the app to install
- Launch the Tubi channel
Install Tubi on Android
- Open the Google Play Store app
- Search for "Tubi"
- Tap "Install" for the Tubi app
- Tap "Open" after it downloads
Install Tubi on iPhone/iPad
- Open the App Store
- Search for "Tubi"
- Tap "Get" to download the app
- Tap "Open" after download completes
Install Tubi on Smart TVs
Tubi has apps for most smart TV platforms like Roku TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, and more. To install, search for "Tubi" on your TV‘s app store and add/download it.
And that‘s it! In just a few simple steps you can install Tubi on your streaming device of choice.
Creating a Tubi Account
Creating an account with Tubi is completely optional but does have some benefits:
- Sync your viewing progress across devices
- Get customized recommendations
- Save movies/shows to a watchlist
- Easily pick up where you left off
Follow these steps to create a Tubi account:
- Install the Tubi app if you haven‘t already
- Launch the app and select "Sign up"
- Choose to register with email or Facebook login
- Enter your info and create a password
- Confirm your account via email
Once signed up, you can simply log into your Tubi account on any device. Everything you watch and save will be synced.
How Does Tubi Make Money?
Since Tubi doesn‘t charge any subscription fees, you may be wondering how the service makes money. Tubi is an ad-supported platform, meaning short ads play before and during the movies and shows. This ad revenue is how Tubi can offer such a vast catalog of content for free.
When using Tubi, you can expect to see:
- A few short pre-roll video ads before your movie/show starts
- Commercial breaks with 1-2 video ads during the movie/show
- Brief banner ads and pop-ups within the app
The ad frequency is fairly reasonable compared to cable TV. And being able to stream thousands of movies/shows for free makes it easy to tolerate the ads. You can even pay for Tubi‘s ad-free option called Tubi Premium if the ads bother you.
Tubi Desktop Site
Don‘t have a streaming device but still want to watch Tubi at your computer? Simply visit tubitv.com to access the entire catalog directly in your desktop web browser. You can stream movies/shows and also create a free account.
The Tubi desktop website includes handy features like:
Browse by category – Easily find movies/shows under genres like action, comedy, documentary etc.
Search bar – Look for specific titles or actors
My Queue – Save shows and movies to a watchlist
So if you don‘t have a smart TV or streaming player handy, tubitv.com is great for watching Tubi on a laptop, PC or Mac.
Pros and Cons of Tubi
Here are some of the key pros and cons to consider about Tubi:
- Completely free
- No subscription or account required
- Compatible with most devices
- Intuitive interface
- Massive content library
- New titles added weekly
- Limited ads compared to cable
- Ads cannot be skipped or removed
- Fewer mainstream new releases
- Smaller library than paid services
- No ability to download for offline
- Lacks original programming
- Can encounter streaming issues
Overall, Tubi TV provides an impressive on-demand streaming experience considering the large content library and device support offered entirely for free. For casual movie and TV viewing, it‘s hard to beat.
Tubi vs Other Streaming Services
How does Tubi compare to some of the top streaming platforms out there? Here‘s a quick rundown:
- Netflix – Much larger library, originals, no ads, but requires paid subscription
- Hulu – Larger catalog of TV shows, originals, paid with ads or no ads options
- Prime Video – Included with Amazon Prime, large library, originals, on-demand rentals/purchases
- Peacock – Robust NBC library, some originals, free tier with ads or paid no ads option
- Pluto TV – Another free ad-supported service but mainly live TV rather than on-demand
While services like Netflix and Hulu have far more content, especially newer releases, they come with a monthly cost. Tubi is a nice free supplement for even more movies and shows.
Tubi offers an unmatched library of free streaming movies and shows that you can enjoy on nearly any device. Just install the easy-to-use app, browse the vast catalog, and start watching instantly without any subscriptions or logins required. With new weekly releases and over 20k titles available, you‘ll always have something great to watch on Tubi TV.
To recap, here are some of the key points:
- Huge library of over 20,000 free movies and shows
- Intuitive apps for Firestick, Roku, Android, iOS, and more
- Optional account for personalized recommendations and sync
- Ad-supported model allows for entirely free content
- Constantly updated with new and classic releases
- Solid alternative to paid services for casual viewing
So if you‘re looking to expand your streaming options, be sure to give Tubi a try. With such a vast catalog of movies and shows spanning all genres available entirely for free, it‘s a must-have app for any cord-cutter.