Are you looking to watch the highly anticipated boxing matchup between Canelo Alvarez and Caleb Plant? If so, you’ve come to the right place!
In this comprehensive guide, I’ll explain multiple methods for streaming Canelo vs Plant online so you can watch the full PPV fight card from anywhere in the world.
Whether you want to stream on your phone, laptop, tablet, smart TV or streaming device, I’ve got you covered.
I’ll also provide tips on using a VPN for extra privacy and security when streaming the fights online. A quality VPN is the secret weapon all streaming fans need in their arsenal!
Here’s a preview of what I’ll cover:
- When and where the Canelo Alvarez vs Caleb Plant fight takes place
- Complete PPV fight card and odds
- Step-by-step instructions for streaming on Showtime
- Using a VPN to access streams worldwide
- Best devices for watching the fights online
- Expert tips for the ultimate viewing experience
Let’s get started!
When and Where is Canelo Alvarez vs Caleb Plant?
Canelo Alvarez vs Caleb Plant takes place on Saturday, November 6, 2021. The venue hosting the event is the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The main card starts at 9:00 PM Eastern Time, with Alvarez and Plant expected to enter the ring for their championship fight around 11:00 PM ET.
Here’s a complete schedule for the night:
- 7:00 PM ET – Undercard Bouts Begin
- 9:00 PM ET – Main Card PPV Starts
- 11:00 PM ET (approx) – Canelo vs Plant Main Event
With the fights taking place in Vegas, the local start time is 6:00 PM Pacific.
If you’re watching online from elsewhere in the United States, here are the start times in the most popular time zones:
- 6:00 PM PT (West Coast)
- 8:00 PM CT (Central)
- 9:00 PM ET (East Coast)
And here are the Canelo vs Plant fight start times for international viewers:
- 2:00 AM GMT (London)
- 4:00 PM AEDT (Sydney)
- 5:00 AM NZDT (Auckland)
Be sure to log on 30 minutes before the start time to get settled in and ready to watch all the action!
Canelo vs Plant Fight Card and Odds
The complete Canelo vs Plant PPV fight card is stacked from top to bottom. Here’s a look at all the planned matches:
Main Card (Showtime PPV 9 PM ET)
- Canelo Alvarez (c) vs. Caleb Plant – 12 rounds, super middleweight title unification
- Anthony Dirrell vs. Marcos Hernandez – 10 rounds, super middleweight
- Elvis Rodriguez vs. Juan Pablo Romero – 10 rounds, super welterweight
- Rey Vargas vs. Leonardo Baez – 12 rounds, super bantamweight
Prelims (Showtime 7 PM ET)
- Fernando Molina vs. Ricardo Valdovinos – 8 rounds, super lightweight
- José Valenzuela vs. Francisco Bonilla – 6 rounds, lightweight
- Frank Sanchez vs. Christian Hammer – 10 rounds, heavyweight
- Justin Steave vs. Darwin Price – 6 rounds, super welterweight
The main event between Canelo Alvarez and Caleb Plant is shaping up to be an epic showdown. Alvarez is the heavy favorite, but Plant’s perfect record proves he’s no walkover.
Here are the latest odds for the Canelo vs Plant main event:
- Canelo Alvarez: -700
- Caleb Plant: +500
As a -700 favorite, Canelo is expected to successfully retain his titles. But if underdog Plant can shock the world, a $100 wager would return a profit of $500.
I always recommend shopping around between boxing betting sites to find the best odds. Prices can vary, so it pays to have accounts at multiple sportsbooks.
For the most up-to-date odds and prop bets, check out these top online sportsbooks:
- Bovada – Wide variety of betting markets available
- MyBookie – Great for U.S. bettors and competitive odds
- BetUS – Lucrative welcome bonus and specials
Once you have your bets in, it’s time to focus on actually watching the big fight!
How to Stream Canelo vs Plant Online
There are a few different ways to live stream Canelo Alvarez vs Caleb Plant online:
Order the PPV directly via Showtime – This is the official broadcaster for the fight in the U.S. and Canada. You can stream through the Showtime app on various devices or watch on your computer.
Live TV streaming services – Hulu, YouTube TV, Sling TV, and other media platforms may offer the PPV fight at an additional cost. Check their respective apps/sites for details.
Boxing streaming sites – There are many free options available online. However, we recommend using a VPN for privacy and security when using these platforms.
Below, I’ll break down how to use each method in more detail, starting with the most popular and reliable option:
Stream Canelo vs Plant PPV on Showtime
Showtime has exclusive broadcast rights for the Canelo Alvarez vs Caleb Plant main card in the U.S. and Canada. The PPV package costs $79.99 for new subscribers.
Here are step-by-step instructions for signing up and streaming through Showtime:
Visit Showtime.com and click “Sign Up” to create an account. There is no long-term contract or commitment required.
Choose your subscription plan. Options include:
- Showtime + PPV Package – $79.99
- Showtime Monthly Subscription – $10.99/month
Provide your personal and payment information to complete registration.
Download and install the Showtime app on your streaming device, smart TV, or mobile/computer.
Log into the Showtime app using your account credentials.
Purchase the “Canelo Alvarez vs. Caleb Plant” PPV – $79.99 (if you didn’t buy it already with your initial subscription).
Stream the fights live on November 6!
One major benefit of watching on Showtime is the ability to replay full fight replays on-demand after the event. So even if you miss some of the action live, you can always go back to rewatch later.
It’s also very easy to stream on large screens with the Showtime app available on:
- Mobile & Tablets – iOS, Android, Amazon Kindle
- Computers – PC, Mac
- Streaming devices – Roku, Firestick, Apple TV, Android TV
- Game consoles – PS4, Xbox One
- Smart TVs – All models (download app from app store)
No matter which device you use, the streaming experience is excellent. Simply login to the Showtime app at fight time on November 6!
Use Live TV Streaming Service
Don‘t have Showtime already? Popular live TV streaming platforms like Hulu Live, YouTube TV, and Sling TV offer full access to Showtime.
The downside is you‘ll have to pay for a monthly package on top of the PPV fee. But the benefit is getting access to live sports, news, movies, shows, and more on a variety of channels.
Here‘s a quick rundown of how these services work:
YouTube TV offers Showtime for an extra $11/month. Package options start at $64.99/month.
Hulu + Live TV includes Showtime in their $84.99/month package (no add-ons needed).
Sling TV requires you to buy the Sports Extra ($11/month) and Showtime ($10/month) add-ons to stream the PPV.
Once signed up, you can stream through each platform‘s website or app. Then simply purchase the Canelo PPV right in the Showtime app.
This option works well if you want the extra channels. But if boxing is your main interest, I suggest the direct Showtime PPV described above to save money.
Use Free Boxing Stream Sites
There are many free online platforms for streaming live boxing and MMA events. However, I must provide an important warning about these sites:
- Streams are not always reliable and tend to lag or get taken down.
- Many sites contain intrusive/malicious ads that can harm your device.
- Your ISP can see what sites you visit and content you stream.
For these reasons, I highly recommend using a VPN (virtual private network) if you watch the fight on any free streaming platforms.
A VPN provides three big benefits:
- Encrypts your connection to keep your streaming activity private from your ISP, government, hacker, and the site itself.
- Allows access to geo-restricted streams from anywhere in the world.
- Protects your device from malware, spyware, and other cyber threats on sketchy sites.
My go-to VPN recommendation is ExpressVPN for fast speeds and reliable security. It only takes a minute to setup:
- Sign up for ExpressVPN and download their app.
- Connect to a server located in the U.S. This hides your IP address and location.
- Visit any free stream site you choose and enjoy the fights securely!
Here are a few decent free options:
Again, I strongly advise running a VPN when using any site like this to ensure your online safety. Connect to a U.S. server, as many free stream platforms block international access.
More Tips for Streaming Live Sports Online
Whichever streaming method you choose for Canelo vs Plant, here are a few more tips to ensure the best viewing experience:
Use Wired Connection – For fastest streaming speeds, connect your device directly to your router via Ethernet cable. This prevents any WiFi interference.
Close Unnecessary Apps – To conserve bandwidth, close any other programs running in the background on your device while streaming.
Adjust Video Quality – Most apps allow you to choose the video resolution. Lower quality conserves data usage if your internet connection is slow.
Update Your Apps – Be sure any apps related to streaming are up-to-date with the latest version before the fights begin.
Connect Your VPN – This is my #1 recommended tip! A VPN like ExpressVPN will provide a smooth viewing experience and keep your streaming secure.
Following these best practices will allow you to enjoy Canelo vs Plant without any lag or buffering issues.
Best Devices for Streaming Canelo vs Plant
Once you have your streaming method setup, the last piece of the puzzle is choosing the right device to watch the fights on.
Here are my top recommendations for streaming the boxing PPV based on operating system:
Best for Windows 10 PCs
If watching on a laptop or desktop, I suggest using these browsers:
- Google Chrome – Fast and reliable with lots of features. My top choice for PCs.
- Microsoft Edge – Solid performance and integrates well with Windows 10.
- Mozilla Firefox – Excellent security and customization options.
I‘d avoid Internet Explorer – it‘s very slow and outdated these days.
Best for Mac Computers
Mac users will have the best experience streaming through these browsers:
- Google Chrome – Same great speed and compatibility as the Windows version.
- Safari – Pre-installed on all Macs, has the fastest speeds.
- Firefox – Enhanced privacy settings and supports useful extensions.
Top Streaming Devices
For watching the fights on your television, here are the best streaming devices:
- Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K – Very affordable yet powerful. The #1 streaming box.
- Roku Express 4K – Loads apps quickly and streams in Ultra HD. Great value buy.
- Apple TV 4K – Seamless casting from iOS devices and Siri integration.
I‘m a huge fan of the Firestick 4K which offers smooth streaming and Alexa voice controls for under $50.
Best Mobile & Tablet Options
On mobile, you can easily stream the boxing PPV through these apps:
- Showtime App – Official broadcaster, provides best quality stream.
- ESPN App – Alternative option that sometimes show big boxing fights.
- DAZN App – Live boxing streaming service with lots of events.
- Firefox Browser – Enhanced performance and privacy on mobile.
Make sure to connect your device to wifi for the fastest speeds. Also, if watching on a tablet you can connect to your TV via HDMI cable for bigger screen viewing.
Modern game systems also offer great streaming capabilities:
- Xbox One – Download the Showtime app to stream the fights in 4K.
- PlayStation 4 – PS4 has the Showtime app and mobile casting features.
- Nintendo Switch – Connect to a mobile hotspot on your phone to stream over wifi.
Stream Canelo vs Plant Online – Conclusion
I hope this guide has equipped you with all the information needed to successfully watch Canelo Alvarez vs Caleb Plant online.
The highly anticipated fight takes place Saturday, November 6 at 9 PM ET / 6 PM PT from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. You can order and stream the pay-per-view through Showtime directly or via a live TV streaming service.
Additionally, be sure to setup a fast VPN before watching any free streams to keep your online activity private and bypass geo-restrictions.
Enjoy the fights and continue using your VPN afterwards whenever you access the internet on any device. This provides an important extra layer of protection for all your online activities!