Amazon Prime Video is a fantastic streaming service that has become increasingly popular because of the large number of titles accessible.
Unfortunately, users who move or travel abroad frequently receive the unpleasant “This title isn’t available in your location” notification while attempting to access stream titles they previously had access to.
Amazon Prime, the company’s streaming program, is like Netflix. You can view movies and TV series worldwide with Amazon Prime. Even better, you can rent movies and TV shows that aren’t available for free.
The service has risen in popularity, especially in Australia, the United Kingdom, and the United States. So you’ve signed up for it and are looking forward to watching your latest favorite show, and suddenly, you find the error message. “This title isn’t available in your location.”
It can frustrate you when you can’t stream Amazon Prime Video, even with a full Amazon Prime Account. Well, you are not alone, and you can find such errors with other streaming services based on where you are. BBC iPlayer and Netflix are prime examples of this when you are outside your account region. (Learn How to Watch On My Block Online)
It is possible to change your Amazon Prime Video region, yet the number of times you can do this is limited.
In our guide, you can learn more about the error Amazon prime Video not available in your location. By the end, you’ll have more idea of how to fix the issue and access content from any other country when you travel abroad.
How Do I Fix This Title Isn’t Available In My Location?
When you see the error “This title is not available in your current location,” here are a few things you can try to fix this error and watch content you want.
Disable VPN or Proxy Server
While a VPN can be the fix for many issues, it can be the source of the problem. Free VPNs are great examples here, as they are limited in functionality and features.
A VPN connection encrypts and secures your network traffic and masks your location, yet not all of them work with Amazon Prime Video.
Also, if your VPN is set to connect to the fastest server, it could connect to outside the right location, and thus you get the error “Amazon Prime Video not available in your country.” So disconnect your VPN and change to a different server.
Download From Amazon Prime
If using a compatible device, try downloading titles to watch offline if you travel to a different country.
However, there are restrictions in some areas, such as the UK.
Before Brexit and the UK leaving the European Union, anyone traveling to other EU countries could access the same titles in the UK. They have lost this feature and need a VPN to stream from Amazon in other regions on their mobile device.
Change Amazon Prime Location
You can change your Prime location to fix the error.
- Navigate to Manage Your Content and Devices
- Click on Preferences.
- Hit the downwards arrow and click Change beneath Country Settings.
- Select or enter your new address in the current country.
- Click on Update.
- Check the on-screen prompts to know what happens when you do this.
- Select the option to transfer your account to finish.
Remember, it will change where physical items are sent when you do this.
You may get this error because you’re not using the correct account. Deregister your device from Amazon Prime and try again.
- Go to your Amazon Video Settings.
- Find your device under Registered Devices.
- Click Deregister option
- Once you do this, you’ll need to register a device from Amazon Video:
- Download and install the Prime Video app.
- Open the app.
- Register your device. Sign in and Start Watching.
- Enter your Amazon account information.
- Or, select Register on the Amazon website.
- It presents you with a code to enter.
- Navigate to amazon.com/mytv and sign in with your account.
- Enter the code.
- Try to open the video and see if you can stream, or it still faces the same imposed licensing restrictions, and it isn’t working.
Why Does Prime Video Say Not Available In My Location?
Although Amazon’s Prime streaming service is available in over 200 countries, the libraries provided are different. This is because of the imposed licensing restrictions that have been enforced. (Learn How to Watch Russian Doll Online)
Some content is only available in libraries in specific areas. The best library is in the United States, with a more extensive selection of top-rated TV shows and movies.
Try accessing Amazon Prime Video content, a US-only TV show from outside the US. You’ll see the notice “This title is not available in your location/ not available in your country.”
Here are all the reasons you can face these problems.
You might receive the error message if you traveled outside of the subscription country. For example, if you live in the United States and go abroad, you’ll receive this notification.
You changed your payment method from a US payment method linked with your account. This is a common reason for the error message. For example, you can change your payment method on Amazon, yet an unsupported credit card or payment method from a country other than your own will throw up the error.
They are connecting to a server in a country where titles aren’t available or using an unstable VPN (most often free VPNs).
Browser add-ons, firewalls, and anti-virus software can interfere with location services and show you are in an area that doesn’t have access. (Learn How to Watch Barry Online)
How Do I Get Around Geographical Restrictions On Amazon Prime?
To avoid seeing the Amazon Prime Video error, change your region on Amazon Prime Video using a VPN. It must, however, be a premium VPN that bypasses Amazon’s VPN restrictions.
How to Change Region or Country On Amazon Prime Video
- Subscribe to your chosen VPN (or use the 30-day-money-back guarantee).
- Download and install the VPN.
- Open the app and select a US server to connect to. (the US is most often chosen as they have the best library.)
- Log in to Amazon Prime Video and start streaming.
Unfortunately, this procedure to unblock Amazon Prime Video may not always be as straightforward as it appears.
Amazon Prime Video, like Netflix and BBC iPlayer, and other streaming services use software to detect VPN usage. However, as they can actively restrict VPN traffic, you won’t access geo-restricted content with every VPN.
If you use a blocked VPN, you’re likely to encounter an ‘Error 4601’ proxy error or the regular Amazon prime Video error.
Not everyone wants to unblock Amazon Prime Video from outside their home country and use their VPN for security.
Sadly, the streaming platform can block your Amazon account to watch movies even if you are inside the country you wish to watch Amazon prime Video.
Split tunneling helps unblocking Amazon Prime Video, even if you are in the subscribed country. In addition, split tunneling allows you to send some data via the VPN server and some data through a US server and your internet service provider.
There are a few things your VPN needs to offer for you to Access Amazon Prime Video reliably.
Choose the Right VPN
- Lightning-fast speeds to avoid buffering when watching movies when traveling abroad.
- A reliable connection, so you don’t have the best streaming experience.
- Many VPN app servers in the countries have access to what you want to watch to get around any geo-restrictions on Amazon Prime Video.
- The best VPNs support many devices and offer browser extensions for a desktop browser to watch Amazon Prime Video.
- Offering users military-grade encryption.
- You are masking your activity using a VPN server, so you don’t have connection throttling from your internet service provider.
- The VPN app must offer a kill switch, IP and DNS leak protection, torrent support, secure protocols, so when the VPN tunnels your data to an intermediary server for any location you choose.
- VPN needs to offer multiple simultaneous connections
It is wise to use such a money-back guarantee rather than think a Free VPN is a better value. Free VPNs can’t bypass restrictions; they offer limited features and harvest user data to target ads to users.
It is advisable to pick a VPN that offers a money-back guarantee. You can test all the features without restrictions. You’ll also find whether it can reliably bypass Amazon Video restrictions.
You can try these on everything from home routers to phones and other devices in the USA or other countries. (Learn How to Watch Conversations With A Killer on Netflix)
The most recommended VPN service will safely tunnel traffic via a secure intermediary server in the location you desire.