Across the internet, there is a large number of file hosts. Premium access can be found when using the service called Real Debrid.
What this amounts to for users is a wealth of content which comprises movies and TV shows. All of these are available for download with one slight downside.
These are premium services, so there does come a cost associated with them.
Rather than giving a Real Debrid review, it is better to show how to use one of the best Kodi add-ons you can find.
What is Real Debrid?
At first glance, Real debrid.com doesn’t look like much. This is because the Real Debrid website doesn’t give any indication of the wealth of content that is available.
These huge multi-hoster grant access to premium sources, and for regular users, these are denied.
The company calls itself an “Unrestricted downloader.”
Users can maximize their internet connections to the fullest as they access these remote hosts. Not only this, there can be some links to stream users may never have seen before.
While used with Kodi, this service isn’t an actual Kodi add-on in the same sense. What it does is enhance any current lists which are already supplied by other add-ons.
Debrid Premium membership features are as follows:
- Up to 300 Mbps of personal high-speed download speeds and streaming
- You can have multiple downloads and stream at the same time
- Unlimited Traffic to and from Real Debrid
- HTML 5 streaming without having to use any additional plugins
- A Totally Ad-free experience and no waiting time to begin downloading
- There are plenty of new streams available in full HD, HD, and SD quality
Setting Up Your Real Debrid Account
When you start to set up your Real Debrid account, you are stepping into the realms of copyright infringement and piracy.
For this reason, before going any further, any user who decides to use a premium account will need a VPN in place to protect themselves.
The information they keep on registered users is their geo-location, IP address, and download activities.
The company states they will hand this information over to any authority who requests it to make it worse.
Kodi users beware, you may be able to access plenty of content, but Real Debrid behind the scenes isn’t doing any favors.
Now you know of the risks involved, and you can use VPNs as a workaround, here are the instructions for creating an account.
- Navigate to https://real-debrid.com.
- Click the ‘Sign Up’ button in the top right of your screen.
- When you see the sign-up form, enter your personal details, accept the Terms of service, and click the ‘Sign Up’ button.
- You will receive a welcome email where you are asked to ‘authorize my account.’ Click the validate link and activate your Real Debrid account.
- Navigate back to the company website home page and click the ‘Login’ button in the top right of the page.
- Enter your Real Debrid login details
- When you log in, “Premium” will be displayed in the top banner.
- Select and scroll down to the buying options. This is how you create a paid-up account.
- Select your payment option and the duration. Once you have been verified, you are ready to install the Real Debrid Kodi service.
Costs Associated With Real Debrid
When signing up, you have four account options. These refer to the sign-up period and the number of ‘Fidelity Points’ you can receive.
Here is the Real Debrid price for each of the signup periods.
- RD No1: 3 Euro for 15 days – Fidelity Points = 150
- RD No2: 4 Euro for 30 days – Fidelity Points = 200
- RD No3: 9 Euro for 90 days – Fidelity Points = 450
- RD No4: 16 Euro for 180 days – Fidelity Points = 800
With every option, there is unlimited traffic. While this is from Real Debrid, some hosters have limits.
Fidelity Points are built up when you subscribe for longer. The longer you are a subscriber, the more points you can redeem toward the payment of the service.
If you find Real Debrid not working, you can check the website’s service status page. This displays visitors, members, and bandwidth in use.
You can check forums, and if you see someone call the service Real Debris, this is a mistake on their behalf. (Read This Content Isn’t Available Right Now)
Installing Real Debrid on Kodi
This method shows how to install Real Debrid on Windows and Kodi 17.6.
The Kodi interface is the same across devices, so installing on Fire Sticks or another Kodi TV box will use these instructions.
- Start Kodi and open Settings (gear icon in the top left corner)
- Open settings and click ‘System settings.’
- In the bottom left, hover over the cog. If it says ‘Basic,’ wait or click until it says Advanced.
- Select Add-ons from the left sidebar
- Click ‘Manage dependencies’ on the right
- Scroll to the bottom and select ‘URL Resolver.’
- Important!! Some add-ons use the ResolveURL dependency rather than URL-Resolver. Once you’ve followed steps 6 to 18 for URLResolver, repeat for ResolveURL.
- Note: If URL Resolver isn’t displayed, you need to install the Covenant Kodi add-on. For ResolveURL, you will need to install the Exodus Redux add-on.
- Select ‘Configure’ on the following screen
- Click ‘Universal Resolvers’ on the pop-up screen.
- Scroll to the ‘Real-Debrid’ section. Click ‘Priority.’
- Use your device input method to enter the value 90, then click ‘Done.’
- Press ‘OK’ on the right (this is crucial, or the priority value is reset to 100)
- Click ‘Configure’ again (refer to step 7 above)
- Select ‘Universal Resolvers’ and scroll down to the ‘Real-Debrid’ section.
- Select ‘(Re)Authorize My Account’
- Note – Before clicking on ‘(Re)Authorize My Account,’ sign into the website.
- You will see a code displayed on the screen. You need to enter this at https://real-debrid.com/device.
The information here is essential, so make sure you read this.
The code only remains valid for 2 minutes and can’t be copy-pasted. It has to be typed manually.
This code is NOT case-sensitive. You also need to be logged in to your Real-Debrid account on the website to authorize services on Kodi.
Once you have entered the code, you will see a confirmation saying ‘Real-Debrid Resolver Authorized.’
Using Real Debrid on Kodi
With most add-ons, you don’t need to do anything special, Real Debrid is much the same, and once you have signed up and made sure to authorize it in Kodi, it is straightforward.
Just click and open the movie or TV show you decide to watch, and at this point, you will see several new video streams added.
Real Debrid works with many add-ons, but Covenant and Exodus Redux are the two most common.
You should see that Real Debrid is enabled inside any add-on which supports it. But, if for any reason it isn’t, then you will need to enable it.
From your Kodi home screen, navigate to Add-ons and then video add-ons. Open Neptune Rising if you have it installed (this is just for example purposes)
Select ‘Tools’ from the list
Open SETTINGS and then click ‘Providers’ on the left side.
Now turn toggle ‘Enable Debrid Providers’ to the right. Click ‘OK to confirm.
You should now access the movie or TV show you want to watch where there will be the new streams added from RD.
This may happen with any add-on that doesn’t support RD; some may follow these instructions to find it doesn’t work. You are better to stick to the better-known ones where it will run auto-enabled.
Using Real Debrid With a VPN
Like users who use all the top Kodi add-ons, there is a need to use a VPN. Both ISP’s and Real Debrid logging data, and the odd TV show or movie are not legal. There is plenty of reasons to keep connections encrypted.
Above all, these ISP’s will throttle connections for streaming, so a VPN will prevent Kodi buffering.
Because the best VPN service is based outside of or has any links to a 5-eyes or 14-eyes country, there are limited options. One of the very few is ExpressVPN who will protect any Kodi user privacy.
This VPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee so that you can try the service. Most people continue once the free trial is up because it delivers the best in every department.
Real Debrid is a premium service, so it deserves a premium VPN that will allow any user to watch the wealth of new streams safely and securely.