Hey there cord-cutting friend! I‘ve got some exciting news to share with you today about Philo TV. This popular budget-friendly live TV streaming service just partnered up with Crackle to add thousands more on-demand movies and shows to their platform – and at no extra cost!
A Quick Intro to Philo
For those who aren‘t familiar, Philo is a live TV streaming service that offers 60+ top channels for only $20/month. We‘re talking networks like AMC, Discovery, Food Network, HGTV, MTV, Hallmark, VH1 – you name it!
Philo first launched in 2017 and has become a favorite for those wanting to ditch cable without breaking the bank. Hulu Live and YouTube TV cost $70+ per month. FuboTV and Sling TV are $35+ for similar channels.
But Philo manages to provide 60 of the most popular cable channels for just $20/month. Now that‘s value!
They also have some great features cord-cutters love:
- Unlimited DVR storage – Record as many shows as you want!
- 3 simultaneous streams – Share with family and friends
- 10 profiles – Personalized watchlists for everyone
- Mobile apps – Stream on iOS, Android, and web
- Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV – Supported on all major devices
Philo keeps it simple with one low-priced package, no add-ons needed. Over 800,000 subscribers are already on board!
What Exactly is Crackle?
Crackle is an ad-supported video-on-demand (AVOD) service owned by Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment.
Their FREE TV & movie streaming app offers 100% buffer-free playback and features a massive catalog of:
- Movies – Action, thrillers, comedies, cult classics, and everything in between
- TV Shows – Favorites like 3rd Rock, Married with Children, All in the Family
- Originals – Award winning comedies, dramas starring big names
- Exclusives – Content you won‘t find anywhere else
Crackle has over 40,000 hours of video available to stream. For perspective:
- Netflix has under 20,000 hours of content
- Hulu has around 40,000 hours
- Prime Video has less than 30,000 hours
So Crackle‘s library rivals top paid services! Their app is available on all your favorite devices like Roku, Firestick, iOS, Android, and more.
Oh, and the best part? It‘s 100% FREE!
Crackle Content Now Available on Philo!
The major update is that Philo subscribers can now access Crackle‘s ENTIRE extensive on-demand library directly within the Philo app!
Just scroll down to "Crackle" on Philo‘s home screen for unlimited access to tens of thousands of hit movies, classic TV shows, Crackle originals, and more.
A few examples of popular titles you can now stream free with your Philo subscription:
- Pulp Fiction
- Donnie Brasco
- Con Air
- The Karate Kid
- Taxi Driver
- Reservoir Dogs
- Stir Crazy
- Groundhog Day
- 3rd Rock from the Sun
- Chappelle‘s Show
- Forensic Files
- The Shield
- Spin City
- And SO much more!
Being able to access Crackle‘s massive library without any extra fees is an incredible value add for Philo subscribers.
Why This Is a Game Changer for Philo
Previously, Philo only offered live TV streaming from their 60+ cable channels. This partnership with Crackle turns Philo into a much more well-rounded streaming TV solution.
Now Philo provides the best of both worlds:
Live TV – 60+ popular channels offering a cable-like experience
On-Demand – Binge shows from an endless Crackle library spanning all genres
Having this extensive VOD catalog included makes Philo far more enticing for cord-cutters looking to replace cable or satellite.
Competitors like YouTube TV, Hulu Live, FuboTV, or Sling don‘t offer the same built-in access to thousands of free movies and shows. Their base packages are focused solely on live TV.
To get VOD libraries from those services, you need to pay more for add-ons like:
- Hulu‘s HBO Max bundle for $70/month
- YouTube TV‘s Paramount+ package for $65/month
- FuboTV‘s Premium bundle for $80/month
Philo adding Crackle lets them compete as an all-in-one live TV + VOD solution for just $20 – no add-ons needed!
What Other Partnerships Could Philo Land?
This partnership has me wondering what other content providers Philo could potentially team up with down the road.
Some services I think would make likely candidates for future deals include:
- Tubi – Ad-supported VOD with over 20,000 movies & shows
- Pluto TV – Free live streaming TV with 100+ themed channels
- Plex – Media server with free ad-supported media libraries
Any deals to further expand Philo‘s content catalog without raising their $20 price would be huge wins for subscribers.
I‘ll be keeping an eye out for any new additions they may announce soon!
More Updates: New Channel Additions
Along with Crackle, Philo also recently added a few other channels to their lineup:
- Bloomberg TV – 24/7 business and finance news
- Revry – First LGBTQ+ focused streaming network
It‘s great to see Philo continuing to improve their channel offerings for customers. They seem committed to enhancing the service and adding more value.
Give Philo a Test Run with the Free Trial
As with any new streaming service, I always recommend taking advantage of the free trial before committing long-term.
Luckily Philo offers an extended 7-day free trial so you can thoroughly test it out.
Get hands-on with features like:
- Streaming 60+ live channels like Discovery, Food Network, Hallmark, AMC, etc
- Recording unlimited shows to your DVR library
- Accessing Crackle‘s full on-demand movie & TV catalog
- Setting up profiles for everyone in your home
See if Philo‘s channel selection provides enough of your favorites to cut cable. Compare the price and features to competitors like Hulu Live and YouTube TV.
The free trial makes it risk-free to decide if Philo‘s newly enhanced $20 package is the right fit your streaming needs.
Sign up at Philo.com to get started with the free trial today!
Well friend, that summarizes the major news around Philo‘s exciting expansion with Crackle! I hope this breakdown gave you a better understanding of what this means for subscribers.
In my opinion, the addition of an endless VOD library on top of live TV makes Philo a serious contender among streaming services. The $20 monthly price seems like an incredible value.
Let me know if you have any other questions! I‘m always happy to chat more about Philo, Crackle, or other streaming services.
Ready to give Philo a test drive? Grab their 7-day free trial today and start streaming!