One of the most popular VPN’s you can find, now, it comes with a dedicated NordVPN app for Fire TV/ Stick users.
Using this VPN on FireStick makes it easy to unblock geo-restricted content from a variety of sources and streaming services.
Second, is the fact no one will be able to see what you are accessing while you are watching your favorite movies and TV shows.
Another great feature is you can use NordVPN for FireStick to protect yourself while using Kodi.
Here, we will look at all you need to know and see how easy it is installing NordVPN on FireStick.
How to Install NordVPN on FireStick
You will find two ways to install NordVPN on FireStick; here, we will show you both. One thing not to forget is you will need a subscription before installing unless you sign up and make use of their money-back guarantee.
Installing NordVPN from the App Store
- Navigate to the ‘Magnifying Glass’ using the Amazon Fire TV remote on your (Upper left corner) to open the search bar
- Type in “NordVPN” to search. It should be the first result in the app store
- Highlight and click the NordVPN icon (located under “Apps & Games).
- Select the “Get” button in yellow
- Wait until installation finishes and click on the yellow button a send time, it now reads “Open”
- NordVPN account is required from here:
- Click “Log In” and enter your account details into NordVPN on FireStick
Install NordVPN with the Downloader App
You will find this is the older method of adding NordVPN on Fire TV, though it does still work.
- Open Fire Stick Home Screen – Select the Settings menu in the top-right corner
- Choose Device/Fire TV – Developer Options – Toggle Apps from Unknown Sources to ‘ON’
- Navigate to FireStick Home – Click Search option – Enter “Downloader”
- Select ‘Download’ then click to open when the installation completes
- Enter the URL exactly https://nordvpn.com/download/android/
- Select ‘Download APK,’ and the download starts
- Once completed, click on ‘Install’ (this will install NordVPN). Select ‘Done’ when finished
- Navigate to FireStick Home – Head to ‘Settings’ – ‘Applications’
- Select ‘Manage Installed Applications’ – Click on ‘NordVPN’
NordVPN FireStick Usage Guide
When you are looking at how to use NordVPN, it is as simple as installing the app on your Amazon Fire TV Stick.
There is not that much you will need to do apart from enabling the VPN, and change your location depending on the content you wish to access.
You will also find these changes due to your location, and you may need to change the location to the USA if you want to watch anything using Prime Video.
- Click “Settings” and then “Subscription”
- Enter your email and password
- Congratulations, you are signed into NordVPN
Selecting a Different Country Server
To change the country server, access the “All Countries” screen on the main menu. Connect to any of these VPN servers, and you can unblock geo-restricted content
Once you change the server, you can minimize the VPN app then launch any streaming service in that location for access without the regular restrictions.
NordVPN on Fire TV Stick Benefits
NordVPN is one of the leading VPN services, and thus offers various benefits like:
- Bypassing geo-restrictions: Because of copyright and licensing, many streaming platforms only provide content to specific markets. NordVPN bypasses many of these and enables users to access these media platforms on their FireStick.
- Online Security: If you read our NordVPN review, you will see it uses some of the most sophisticated encryption technology. Users are given the utmost protection from online threats. With a double-hop feature and TOR over VPN, it uses military-grade encryption protocols to keep users safe.
NordVPN offers over 5,600 servers across 60 countries, which makes it one of the largest server networks there is.
NordVPN and Kodi on FireStick
Many users install Kodi to their FireStick to get the most use from the device. While it is a great thing to use, the options you are offered can be limited.
When using Kodi on any FireStick, you do need a VPN service, and now Nord has its own app, it can make things easier for some users.
However, one of the most vital things to check when using any VPN is their download speeds. When streaming, you can encounter buffering or stuttering is speeds are too slow, and it is this reason why not all VPN’s are suitable for streaming.
Luckily, when you check the speed of a NordVPN download when using Kodi on a FireStick, it is sufficient to prevent these stutters or buffering to kick in.
It is advisable for any user who considers using NordVPN on their Amazon device to make full use of the 30-day money-back guarantee. They can check all the security features and performance for their location.
It may be that NordVPN works great, and they have found the ideal VPN for them. However, other users may find that the further away from the source of the content they wish to access, the slower the connection speed is from NordVPN.
If this happens, they will find that it isn’t the best VPN to meet their needs apart from security.
What’s The Bottom Line
NordVPN is one of the better names in the VPN industry, although it doesn’t always offer every user the best experience.
Before committing, all users are advised to test the top VPN’s there are, and it will quickly be seen, which is the best VPN for FireStick, which offers the fastest streaming speeds and top-level security while using any device, no matter what their online activity.