Identity theft and fraud has skyrocketed in recent years, with 2022 seeing the highest levels ever tracked. According to the Identity Theft Resource Center‘s annual report, cases have nearly tripled over the past decade, reaching all-time highs. In 2022 alone, there were over 1.4 million reported identity theft cases.
With identity theft on the rise, protection services like Identity Guard are becoming increasingly critical. But how much does robust identity theft protection cost in 2023? What plan options does Identity Guard offer for individuals and families?
As an online privacy expert, I‘ll provide an in-depth look at Identity Guard‘s pricing, plans, and features to help you determine if it‘s the right fit. Let‘s dive in!
Surging Identity Theft Drives Need for Protection
To help underscore the value of services like Identity Guard, it‘s important to understand the immense scope of identity theft today. Some key statistics:
- Nearly 44 million Americans were victimized by some form of identity fraud in 2022, up 15% from 2020. That‘s about 1 in 6 adults.
- Losses from identity theft totaled $52 billion in 2022, up dramatically from $20 billion in 2020.
- Experts forecast that global identity theft may cost over $150 billion annually by 2024.
- Children are increasingly targeted, with about 1.4 million minors victimized by ID theft in 2021.
- The emotional impact can also be severe, with 46% of victims reporting high levels of anxiety and 18% needing therapy.
What‘s driving this surge? Proliferation of personal data online, sophisticated hacking tactics, phishing scams, and more. It‘s clear comprehensive identity protection is critical today.
Overview of Identity Guard‘s Pricing
So how much does Identity Guard cost? Pricing ranges from $6.67 to $39.99 per month depending on:
- Plan type – Individual or family coverage
- Billing frequency – Monthly or annual
- Plan features – Value, Total, or Ultra plan
Here‘s a detailed breakdown of Identity Guard‘s pricing for individuals and families:
|Plan||Individual Annual||Individual Monthly||Family Annual||Family Monthly|
When compared to competitors like Norton LifeLock, PrivacyGuard, IDWatchdog, and IdentityForce, Identity Guard‘s pricing is very competitive. Its entry-level plan starts at nearly half the cost of the lowest-priced competitor plan.
You can save 17-40% by opting for annual billing rather than month-to-month payments. If you want maximum identity theft protection, the Ultra plan provides comprehensive monitoring starting at just $17.99/month with annual billing.
Next, let‘s look at the key features of each Identity Guard plan.
Overview of Identity Guard‘s Three Plan Levels
Identity Guard offers three tiers of coverage:
- Value – Basic identity monitoring
- Total – Mid-level monitoring plus credit reports and scores
- Ultra – Comprehensive monitoring and alerts
I‘ll provide an overview of each plan‘s key capabilities:
Value Plan ($6.67-$14.99/month)
The entry-level Value plan provides essential identity monitoring including:
- Dark web monitoring – Scans black market sites for your info
- Data breach alerts – Notifies you if your info appears in breaches
- High-risk transaction alerts – Warns of suspicious activity
- $1 million insurance – Covers ID theft losses
With fundamentals like 24/7 monitoring of the dark web and high-risk transactions, the Value plan offers cost-effective protection for identity theft risks. But it lacks credit tracking.
Total Plan ($11.99-$29.99/month)
The mid-level Total plan adds credit bureau monitoring:
- Credit reports and scores – From Equifax, Experian, TransUnion
- Bank account monitoring – Alerts you to suspicious cash transfers
- Everything in Value – Dark web scans, breach alerts, etc.
With credit report access and monitoring for cash transfers, Total prevents wider identity and financial theft. But Ultra offers the most robust protection.
Ultra Plan ($17.99-$39.99/month)
Identity Guard‘s top Ultra plan is the most comprehensive:
- Social media monitoring – Alerts you to unauthorized posts or account hacks
- Retirement account monitoring – Watches for unauthorized withdrawals
- Home title monitoring – Notifies you of changes in home ownership records
- Criminal records monitoring – Checks for anyone wrongfully using your identity
- Credit lock – Lets you instantly lock your Experian credit report
- Everything in Total – Credit reports, bank monitoring, etc.
By adding social media scans, investment account alerts, home title tracking, and more, Ultra provides 360-degree protection. It‘s the plan I recommend for maximum identity monitoring.
Next, let‘s look at Identity Guard‘s family plans.
Comprehensive Identity Protection for Families
Identity Guard conveniently accommodates families with pricing for up to 5 adults and unlimited children.
All family plans include up to $1 million in identity theft insurance for every member of your household. Here is Identity Guard‘s family pricing:
|Plan||Annual Price||Monthly Price|
With children‘s identities being stolen at alarming rates, families need protection. Identity Guard allows couples, parents, and entire households to get comprehensive monitoring.
For parents concerned about their kids‘ identities being compromised, the Ultra plan provides the most robust protection. Its social media scans can even alert you if a child‘s account is hacked.
Does Identity Guard Offer a Free Trial?
Identity Guard does not currently offer a free trial. However, all annual plans come with a 60-day 100% money-back guarantee. So you can request a complete refund if you cancel within the first 60 days.
A free trial would be ideal for trying Identity Guard‘s monitoring and tools first-hand. But the 60-day refund policy allows you to get a risk-free experience of the service.
Is Identity Guard Worth the Cost? Key Benefits
Based on its capabilities and the growing risk of identity theft, Identity Guard can provide tremendous value if you need robust protection.
Some of the top benefits Identity Guard offers:
- Near real-time monitoring – Uses automation to rapidly detect threats
- Dark web surveillance – Scans black market sites other services miss
- Fast alerts – Emails, texts, and app notifications to act quickly
- $1 million insurance – Coverage for losses and legal costs
- AI-powered – Uses IBM® WatsonTM for advanced analytics
When considering pricing, Identity Guard costs far less than what victims pay in stolen funds and emotional distress. For many individuals and families, the peace of mind is well worth the monthly subscription cost.
The Bottom Line
With identity theft at all-time highs, solutions like Identity Guard are critical for safeguarding your finances and identity. Its customizable plans allow individuals and families to get protection suited to their budget and needs.
While a free trial would be ideal, the 60-day money-back guarantee allows you to try Identity Guard risk-free. Overall, if you are concerned about identity theft risks for you or your family, Identity Guard is worth considering.
I hope this in-depth look at Identity Guard‘s pricing and plans for 2023 provides helpful guidance during your search for the best identity protection. Please let me know if you have any other questions!