Hey there! Are you a golf fan looking forward to The Masters 2023 tournament? If so, you‘ll want to know all the ways to watch this iconic event online without expensive cable.
Luckily, I‘ve put together this comprehensive guide to stream The Masters on any device you prefer. With tons of details on schedules, streaming services, betting odds, and more, you‘ll be prepped to watch all the action from Augusta National Golf Club.
Stick with me and I‘ll walk you through everything you need to know to watch The Masters live without cable in 2023.
How Popular is The Masters Golf Tournament?
Before we dig into the how-to, let‘s look at why The Masters is so popular and highly anticipated every year.
As one of golf‘s four major championships, The Masters draws millions of viewers across the globe. The 2022 tournament broke viewership records with:
- 13.2 million peak viewers on Sunday final round across all platforms
- 162 million streaming minutes on Masters digital platforms
- Viewership records set on ESPN+ and Paramount+
In addition to viewership, The Masters is considered the most prestigious event in professional golf. Winners receive the famous green jacket and a lifetime invitation to return and play at Augusta National.
With its rich history dating back to 1934 and picturesque setting, The Masters has become a can‘t-miss sporting event every spring.
When and Where is The Masters 2023?
Before we get to the streaming options, here is the basic event information:
- Dates: April 3-9, 2023
- Location: Augusta National Golf Club, Augusta, Georgia
- Course: 7,575 yard par 72 course
- Defending Champion: Scottie Scheffler (2022)
The Masters 2023 will feature 92 of the world‘s best golfers competing over four rounds:
- Round 1: Thursday, April 6
- Round 2: Friday, April 7
- Round 3: Saturday, April 8
- Final Round: Sunday, April 9
Now let‘s get into the many streaming options available to watch every Masters 2023 tee time and round.
Streaming Services to Watch The Masters Live Online
Since The Masters airs on CBS and ESPN, you‘ll want a streaming provider that offers those channels. Below I break down both paid and free options to live stream The Masters without cable.
Paid Streaming Services for The Masters
These popular paid streaming options provide full live coverage of The Masters:
- Cost: Free
- Coverage: Live featured groups, holes; Highlights, replays
- Supported devices: iOS, Android, web browser
- My take: Official app is a must-have for Masters fans to complement other streaming options. Provides unique access at Augusta National.
- Cost: $9.99/month
- Channels: 30+ ESPN networks
- Coverage: 130+ hours from Masters including featured holes, groups
- Supported devices: Fire TV, Roku, iOS, Android
- My take: Ideal for golf fans to watch PGA year-round. Essential source for Masters streaming.
- Cost: $4.99/month with ads, $9.99 no ads
- Channels: CBS, BET, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon
- Coverage: CBS broadcast of weekend Masters rounds
- Supported devices: Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku
- My take: Needed for Masters weekend coverage. Large on-demand library also a plus.
- Cost: $74.99/month
- Channels: 205+ including ESPN, Golf Channel, CBS, NBC
- Coverage: CBS and ESPN Masters coverage
- Supported devices: Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, web
- My take: Complete cable replacement includes sports channels for Masters. Free trial available.
- Cost: $64.99/month
- Channels: 85+ with CBS, ESPN, Golf Channel
- Coverage: CBS/ESPN Masters broadcast
- Supported devices: iOS, Android, Fire TV, Roku
- My take: Reliable option for many sports beyond just golf. Unlimited DVR nice perk.
Hulu Live TV
- Cost: $69.99/month
- Channels: 75+ channels including Masters carriers
- Coverage: Live CBS, ESPN to watch The Masters
- Supported devices: Roku, Fire TV, iOS, Android
- My take: Decent budget choice but fewer channels than other services.
- Cost: $69.99/month
- Channels: 65+ with ESPN, CBS, Golf Channel
- Coverage: Stream Masters on ESPN/CBS
- Supported devices: Fire TV, Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast
- My take: Reliable streaming from an established TV provider. No trial but offers promotions.
Free Options for The Masters Live Stream
Don‘t want to pay for a streaming service? Here are some options to watch The Masters for free:
OTA antenna: Since CBS and ESPN are available over-the-air in most markets, an antenna is one of the easiest ways to watch Masters for free. Check out our guide on how to choose and set up an OTA antenna.
Locast (select markets): This non-profit, free streaming service offers CBS, NBC, ABC, Fox and other local channels in about 36% of US media markets. Check availability for your area at Locast.org.
Free streaming trials: Many services above offer free trials for new users, typically 7 days. This allows you to stream The Masters live for free before deciding on a paid plan. fuboTV and YouTube TV have the most robust free trials.
Masters website: As mentioned above, Masters.com and the Masters app provide exclusive free live streaming from Augusta National. This includes featured holes and groups not available on other services.
ESPN app: If you can log in with a cable/streaming account that includes ESPN, you can access their Masters coverage through the ESPN app for free.
CBS Sports app/website: Much like ESPN above, if you have a TV subscription with CBS, you can likely stream their Masters coverage for free on CBS platforms.
So in summary, while paid streaming services provide the most coverage, there are ways to stream parts of The Masters live for free with some limitations.
Following The Masters 2023 on Social Media
In addition to the streaming options above, The Masters is very active on social media providing exclusive extras all week:
- Twitter: Clips, interviews, breaking news @TheMasters
- Facebook: Highlights, press conferences Masters Tournament
- Instagram: Picturesque course views, sights from Augusta @themasters
- YouTube: Player interviews, tournament recap The Masters
Check out the #themasters hashtag for fan reactions and commentary as well.
So while not a replacement for watching the live event, Masters social accounts are a fun complementary companion.
How to Bet on The Masters 2023 Online
In addition to viewership records, The Masters continues to see rising popularity from a betting perspective.
According to the American Gaming Association, nearly 20 million American adults plan to bet $1.1 billion on Masters 2023.
Many sportsbooks offer a wide variety of Masters betting options:
- Outright winner
- Top nationalities
- Round 1/2/3 leaders
- Top 10, 20, and 30 finishers
- Head-to-head matchups
- Missed/made cut
- First-time winner
- Winning score
- Winning margin
- and much more
When betting on golf tournaments, key stats and trends to research include:
- Current world ranking: Higher ranked players have better chances to win
- Strokes gained: Measures efficiency across all aspects of the game
- Greens in regulation: Hitting greens consistently leads to lower scores
- Driving distance/accuracy: Long off the tee and in the fairway helps
- Past results: Experience and past Masters success matters
- Current form: Recent tournaments and performance should be factored in
- Course history: Some players simply perform better at Augusta National
As a Masters betting strategy, target proven players high in the world golf rankings and odds boards that excel in the key stats above. Fade or avoid longshot picks and unproven players.
Here are some of the safest bets with the best odds as of March 2023:
- Rory McIlroy +800
- Jon Rahm +900
- Scottie Scheffler +1000
- Justin Thomas +1200
- Collin Morikawa +2000
Once you‘ve picked your wagers, you need to sign up at a top online sportsbook. I recommend ThriveFantasy for their daily fantasy golf contests and sports betting options.
Use promo code TROYPOINT when you join to claim Thrive‘s special welcome offer for Masters bettors:
Check out ThriveFantasy‘s full list of contests for The Masters.
So if you want to make watching The Masters even more exciting, sign up for ThriveFantasy to get in on all the betting action.
Top Questions from Masters Fans
Here are answers to some common questions from fans about streaming The Masters golf tournament:
What channels air The Masters?
CBS and ESPN hold the TV broadcast rights. ESPN airs Thursday and Friday rounds while CBS covers the weekend.
What time does The Masters start each day?
Thursday: First round starts at 8 AM ET
Friday: Second round starts at 8 AM ET
Saturday: Third round starts at 10:15 AM ET
Sunday: Final round starts at 10 AM ET
Does ESPN+ include Masters coverage?
Yes! ESPN+ provides 130+ hours of live Masters action including featured groups, holes, press conferences, and more.
Can I watch Masters on Paramount+?
Paramount+ provides coverage of the Masters weekend rounds aired on CBS. You also get access to CBS live feeds in most markets.
What‘s the cheapest way to stream The Masters live?
Your cheapest options are to use an OTA antenna, watch for free on Masters digital platforms, or try out a streaming trial from services like fuboTV or Hulu Live TV.
Can I watch Masters golf live outside the US?
Yes, by using a VPN you can change your virtual location to access US Masters streams from any country.
I hope this guide has provided everything you need to watch The Masters 2023 live online! Let me know if you have any other questions and enjoy the tournament.