You can find an ongoing battle between Netflix and VPNs that can bypass overseas geo-restrictions. Hola a free and premium VPN (virtual private network) has been designed to bypass such restrictions and aid users in gaining access to Netflix content.
However, even if the VPN was built with Netflix in mind, it doesn’t mean it’s a plug and play solution. There are many reasons it does this, and many reasons VPN can’t or won’t allow access.
Hola VPN is popular since it promises access to Netflix content. In our guide, you can learn how to use Hola VPN for Netflix, why you could find Hola not working, Netflix solutions that do work and more besides. (Learn How to Watch Steins Gate Netflix)
Does Hola Still Work with Netflix 2021?
Hola VPN offers the free and premium plan Hola VPN PLUS. With this, you get a desktop version which installs a Chromium-based modified browser which offers all the features of Chrome. You also have the extensions for Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Edge.
As Hola VPN was optimized for Netflix, it enables users to select the preferred Netflix region swiftly before signing into a Netflix account.
In testing, you can find that you may connect on occasions, although there are things that prevent Hola being a reliable VPN for use with Netflix.
If you are successful in unblocking Netflix, and wish to change region, the VPN will log you out. besides this, if you happened to be successful in logging in to Netflix, you are limited to a one-hour streaming session before you are logged out again. One other issue that is more from the Netflix side is they block Hola IP addresses on a regular basis.
Some of the issues you find are because Hola VPN is not much more than a proxy acting as a VPN. It can successfully hide your IP address, yet it it doesn’t actually encrypt data or secure your device traffic flowing from your internet connection. (Read Is Iron Man On Netflix)
Hola Free VPN has no security or privacy features on your connection, as you may be led to expect. One thing many users are unaware of is that when you use Hola Free VPN, it shares your computer’s idle resources among other users.
It acts as a peer-to-peer VPN to make the web open and accessible. Signing up for the premium plan means you avoid using your computing resources as you connect via the VPN.
Can You Get Banned from Netflix for Using Hola?
Geo-restrictions are in place on nearly all streaming platforms in every country. Unblocking Netflix is more of a challenge than most other services.
The streaming platform took to introducing tighter measures on VPNs and DNS proxies. Because of the licensing agreements and broadcasting rights, they started blacklisting entire IP ranges which stopped many workarounds; thus Netflix is a significant challenge for many large VPNs including Hola.
Once this happens and Hola is blocked, you can see: “Woops, something went wrong… Proxy Detected. You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again.”
Hola may tout themselves as having great unblocking capabilities, although this is no different than many other VPNs that fall short when it matters. (Read Flixtor App)
If you connect to Netflix using a VPN, there is no way Netflix can link to your real IP address to ban you. All that happens is you lose a connection as the entire VPN is blocked.
How Do I Access Netflix from Spain?
Setting up a VPN to access Spanish Netflix is straightforward.
Here’s all the steps how to watch Spanish Netflix movies and shows from anywhere:
- Sign up with a premium VPN offering servers in Spain or Spanish-speaking countries.
- Download and install the VPN app or browser extension to your device.
- Open the VPN app or browser extension. Head to the list of servers and select the Spanish country you wish to connect. Once you do this, you will have a Spanish IP address for watching Netflix abroad.
- Head to the Netflix website or open the app on your device.
- Login to your account.
- Once you login, you should see the movies and TV shows change to the country you are ready to play videos on Netflix from Spain or the Spanish-speaking country you chose around the world.
If you do this and have issues, VPNs like ExpressVPN and NordVPN have 24/7 live chat to help resolve your issues. (Learn How to Get Mexican Netflix)
Not all VPNs work with Netflix from other regions as Netflix does a good job of blocking IP addresses it spots are from a VPN. You can find many a VPN provider cease to offer support for Netflix access because of the money it costs to keep in front,
To be certain, you have the right VPN, you need to check the features. A 30-day money-back guarantee is a better option than a free VPN trial, as these are often cut-back offerings with reduced features.
You may find reduced server numbers and a lack of IP addresses available for you to choose from. Speeds are also essential, particularly in accessing Netflix from other regions.
HD video takes up a lot of bandwidth, and it is its reason ISPs throttle streaming connections. Hola won’t hide your IP address from your ISP so they could still throttle your connection.
How do you use Hola?
If you wish to sign up for using Hola Premium, you will find the costs as:
- 3-year Plan $2.99 Billed as $107.55 every 3-years
- 1-Year Plan $7.69 Billed as $92.26 every year
- Monthly $14.99 Billed Monthly
All plans here come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can test the features Hola offers, and if it meets your needs,
Here are two methods you can use to install the Hola VPN without using the browser extensions.
Easy method to install Hola VPN
- Install the Hola VPN app for your device
- Login to your account
- Select a country you want to connect to and unblock Netflix
- You can access the Hola app from the system tray icon to connect or disconnect
If you have any issues with Hola VPN Premium you have priority support from agents that work 24/7 to provide a quick response to any issue.
Manual Method to Install Hola VPN
- Choose the country you’d like to browse from such as the United States
- Make sure to be disconnected from any other VPN service before you connect to Hola VPN
- Right Click the Network icon and head to Open Network and Internet settings
- Click the VPN line
- Click Add VPN connection.
- For VPN provider select Windows (built-in).
- For your Connection name, enter a name, which will later appear in the list of VPN connections. If the USA, type Hola United States. Do this and you can add the VPN for different countries.
- For Server Name/ address, enter the VPN server address such as us.vpn.hola.org.
- For VPN protocol type, select IKEv2
- Enter the VPN username and password
- Click Save and close the window
- Now you can return to the settings window, and switch to Status section. It is here you can change the adapter settings.
- Click to open your new VPN connection adapter then select Change settings for that connection
- Switch to the Networking tab and click on Internet Protocol Version 4
- Click the Properties button, then the Advanced button
- Select Use default gateway on remote network checkbox
- Click the OK button to apply your settings
- Close all other windows
To connect to this VPN, click the Network icon in the bottom right corner and select the VPN connection you will have set for Hola for Netflix.
It is wise to use the money-back guarantee to check if the VPN can work as you expect. Likewise, you are advised to check others such as ExpressVPN and NordVPN so you can see how they compare. When you stream, internet providers can see how much data you consume.
As we saw, they can slow your connection speed to claw back some of this bandwidth problem. Doing so leads to buffering and stuttering. Premium VPNs hide the fact of what you are doing, so no automatic system can start and reduce the speed of your connection on your devices.
You will find a difference in the speeds, the server numbers you can select and the levels of privacy you will have. Besides this, premium VPNs do so much more for online privacy than Hola ever can.
It doesn’t take you long to figure out which is the fastest VPN of these providers compared to Hola, and the ones that offer unlimited bandwidth.