Most people use WhatsApp to send and receive messages, and it is currently the most widely used instant messaging network on the planet. WhatsApp allows users to easily interact with friends and family using only their phone numbers.
While this greatly benefits users, it also means that anyone who has your phone number can reach you. While WhatsApp can filter superfluous conversations, some workarounds can be used to get around this restriction.
Most of the time, the person with whom you talk on WhatsApp blocks you for some reason. Because the other person blocked you, you are unable to send WhatsApp messages or do video calls to that person.
For your knowledge, if someone has blocked you on WhatsApp, you will be unable to contact the person who has blocked you.
You’ll need to unblock yourself from the blocked individual on WhatsApp before you may contact him. (Read Why Does China Block Websites)
Don’t worry because we will show you some steps on how to unblock yourself on WhatsApp in this article.
Steps on How to Unblock Yourself on WhatsApp Using the Delete Account Method
There’s no shame in being blocked on social media; however, if you’re seeking a quick way to unblock yourself, there’s a quick hack for that as well.
One of the simplest options is deleting account in WhatsApp, uninstalling the program, and then reinstalling the app to create a new WhatsApp account. For most people, deleting and creating a second WhatsApp account works, and this can be a lifeline if you’ve been blocked by someone you truly need to contact.
Follow the steps below:
- The first step is to delete your account. Then, on your smartphone, open WhatsApp and seek the Settings option in the top-right corner.
- Navigate to the Account area of the app, which is found immediately next to the key icon below your profile, by tapping on the Settings option.
- When you’re in the account section, please select the option to remove my account.
- A pop-up notification will appear to inform you that you will be removed from all WhatsApp groups and that your message history and all the contacts will be deleted.
- Now you must choose the country with which your phone number is associated, and then hit the orange “Delete my account” option at the bottom of your screen.
- This action will then be confirmed on the application’s following page.
- Remove the WhatsApp messenger app and restart your smartphone after you’ve removed your account. You can also go to the google play store to reinstall.
For the detailed step-by-step process, kindly follow the procedure below:
1. To begin, you must erase the temporary cache files of your WhatsApp app on your smartphone.
So, to remove the cache of your WhatsApp app, follow the steps below:
- On the home screen, long click the WhatsApp app and then tap the App details option.
- Or By going to setting app WhatsApp, you can also access the app info option.
- Select the option to clear data.
- Then, to delete the cache of your WhatsApp, select the clear cache option.
2. Before you delete your WhatsApp account, make a backup of your data.
To back up your WhatsApp file, follow the steps below:
- Open WhatsApp, then tap the three-dot icon in the upper right corner.
- After that, go to the settings and select the Chat option.
- Select the option to backup your chat.
- Select your Gmail account and then the Google account where you wish to back up the WhatsApp file.
- Finally, tap the Backup option, and your WhatsApp file will be backed up on your Google account within a few minutes.
3. Your WhatsApp account should be deleted.
To delete your WhatsApp account, follow the steps below.
- Tap the three-dot icon, then select Settings.
- Go to the account settings.
- Please choose the option to delete my account.
- Enter your WhatsApp number, then select Delete my Account from the drop-down menu.
- Choose a reason why you want to delete something. As a result, you can choose another choice.
- To delete my account, click here.
- Finally, you must confirm the cancellation of your WhatsApp account.
4. Re-login with the same WhatsApp ID.
Steps on How to Unblock Yourself on WhatsApp Using WhatsApp Group Method
While the approach mentioned above is simple for most users and solves the problem, many users may not want to risk their entire account to speak with one individual.
While the above method is extremely reliable, it is crucial to note that using the account deletion option will remove you from all participating WhatsApp groups. Once you’ve been removed from a group, you’ll need to ask an admin or a mutual friend to add you back in personally in able to exchange messages. (Read Is Spotify Blocked In China)
Alternatively, you can ask a mutual friend to create a group with you and the user who has blocked you.
Then your buddy, acting as a mediator in this circumstance, can quit the group, allowing you and the other user to communicate while being blocked. This will still restrict you from calling the other user, but it will provide you with a means of communicating.
Follow the steps below:
- Make a group with your name or any other name associated with your WhatsApp number. (Try to come up with a group name similar to your name, such that the group name matches the contact name saved by another person.)
- Add your second WhatsApp number, or a number available to you locally, to the same group that your personal WhatsApp number has created.
- Make an administrator. Following that, add the second number to the same group.
- Add the contacts number that has blocked your personal WhatsApp number to your second WhatsApp number, and then add that WhatsApp number to the same group that your personal WhatsApp number has created.
- There will now be three people in the group: your own personal WhatsApp number, a second WhatsApp number, and the other person’s blocked WhatsApp number.
- Returning to your phone entails using a personal WhatsApp number to communicate with the individual who has blocked you. Open the group again and delete your second WhatsApp number.
- Finally, because there are only two people in the group, you can make the chat personal to the person who has blocked (You and someone else).
You would have known how to unblock yourself on WhatsApp utilizing the group option in this method. Only then will you be able to communicate with your same mobile number to the other WhatsApp number that has blocked you if you complete the procedure step by step.
Steps on How to Unblock Myself on WhatsApp without Having to Publicize your Account
If you have WhatsApp’s older version, you can only use the broadcast features to send messages to the person who has blocked you.
So, to be clear, this method may work if you have an older version of WhatsApp that hasn’t been upgraded. If you’re using an older version of WhatsApp, you can skip to the next step.
Many of them are unaware of WhatsApp’s broadcast capabilities. So, if you’re unaware of the broadcast feature, allow me to explain.
The broadcast features allow you to send messages to all of your WhatsApp contacts at once using your primary personal phone. You must choose the contacts and make a broadcast in order to broadcast. (Read How To Use Snapchat In China)
After you create a broadcast, every message you send on it will be sent to all of your contacts on WhatsApp as a personal message.
Follow the steps below:
- You go to the three-dot menu and then to the New broadcast option.
- At least two participants/contacts should be chosen. So, you can send a message to one WhatsApp number that has blocked you and a one-second WhatsApp number that is reachable in your immediate vicinity.
- After you’ve made your selection, hit the tick icon to indicate that you’re finished.
- A broadcast with two members will now be made. As a result, anytime you send a message to that broadcast, it will be sent to both numbers via your own WhatsApp number.
As a result, if your WhatsApp is an older version, the message will most likely be sent to the person who has banned you. You should now know how to unblock yourself on WhatsApp using broadcast if you’re using an older version of the program.
WhatsApp is the most widely used app in instant messaging software, with the highest number of users compared to other platforms; nevertheless, it also means that it gets a lot of unwanted attention. As a result, genuine users are barred by other users who mistake it for spam.
If an important contact has blocked you for some reason and it is critical that you contact them, the workarounds listed above can be very useful. You can also create a new account, download the latest version, or go to third-party apps.