The preferred streaming service for professionals and students who use music as a motivational tool is the Spotify web player. Whether you are doing a mundane job, busy studying, or on a break at school, there is a huge demand to access Spotify in these areas and more.
If you want unblocked Spotify for school, you can use the same methods as you would if you travel abroad.
Or you could live in an area with limited content availability, and some songs are censored. In addition, you can find geo-restrictions in place as songs can’t be played in certain regions as there is a lack of publishing rights on the music streaming service.
Many countries and schools or workplaces use firewalls, so you can’t access Spotify, even if you have paid for Spotify Premium. Most workplaces and schools block the top of the premier music streaming services. Our guide clearly shows that unblocking Spotify at work and school is the most common need.
Luckily, we have the solution, and whether you get a message, “You can only use Spotify abroad for 14 days,” when outside your home country, or you face the problems mentioned above? Your best bet is to carry on and see how you can have Spotify unblocked for school using a VPN (a virtual private network). (Read Is Spotify Blocked In China)
Why Is Spotify Blocked at School, Work, or Abroad
Record companies and content owners choose regions worldwide where their music is available. Therefore, without their permission, Spotify would only breach copyright laws like streaming from most platforms, such as Netflix and BBC iPlayer.
In addition, governments block content should any music not align with religious, cultural, or political beliefs. Thus Spotify is censored from allowing access to specific music playlists in restricted countries such as Russia, China, North Korea, some parts of Africa, and several more.
Besides this, you have the question of schools and workplaces restricting Spotify access to users to prevent distraction and procrastination. Fortunately, to get Spotify unblocked in your location is simple. But, first, when you want to know how to unblock Spotify on School computer, you’ll use a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
While there are many, we recommend ExpressVPN as it has impressive features.
Not only this, but it is your best bet to access blocked content, be it political or sitting behind geo-restrictions that stop your music streaming.
Express VPN also has a wealth of security features, so now you can go about your online activities and listen to Spotify playlists, all safely and securely, with no personal data loss. (Learn How To Change Spotify Playlist Picture On Chromebook)
How to Unblock Spotify at Work or School 2022
Just because you’re at school or on a work site doesn’t mean Spotify is blocked, and you can’t access your favorite music playlist. First, you may wonder how Spotify knows where you are.
Unless it’s a school or company firewall, Spotify can tell your location from your IP address.
From here, the system checks the country where the IP address is registered; thus, this is the reason you can’t access Spotify from an overseas region it faces restrictions.
Once you see how to unblock Spotify using a premium service from a VPN provider, you have many countries where you can get around a Spotify block in a couple of clicks on computers or many mobile devices.
How to use a VPN to unblock Spotify at work or school
Here are the easy-to-follow instructions to get the Spotify web player unblocked when you lose access at school using one of the best VPNs.
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN service and create your VPN account. ExpressVPN is the top recommendation for accessing Spotify.
- Download the VPN client for your Android mobile device in the Google Play Store or Apple Store. You can also download router firmware or use the Media Streamer function for devices at home that doesn’t have a dedicated VPN app at no extra cost.
- Connect to a VPN server to access your Spotify playlists where Spotify is unblocked.
- Once the VPN connection connects, the app sends all your data through a secure tunnel, preventing your school firewall from blocking you.
- Sign in to your Spotify account. Spotify will detect the location of your chosen VPN server from the drop-down list. Now, the app will hide your actual IP address from view.
The best VPN for Spotify should deliver the following as a bare minimum:
- Fast and stable streaming speeds, with unlimited data.
- VPN servers exist in many countries, such as the US, the UK, Canada, and others. (Note: ExpressVPN has thousands of servers in over 94 countries)
- Internet traffic should be secure with strong encryption and security.
- You can use the VPN on multiple devices simultaneously.
- A strict no logs policy, so even your ISP can’t check what your online activities are.
Best VPNs to Unblock Spotify Anywhere
Here are some of the best VPN services for Spotify music streaming.
FAQs On Unblocking Spotify Web Player:
How to change the region on Spotify?
The country or region associated with your Spotify account was by your location when you signed up.
However, you can change it in your account settings. For example, you may find the steps differ based on a Free or Premium account.
You can change the Spotify country by following the steps below.
However, to change the country of a Spotify account, you need to be in that country.
The simple solution here is to use a VPN to make it appear in that country.
- Get a VPN and connect to a VPN server in your chosen country.
- Navigate to your Spotify account page using a desktop or mobile browser.
- Select Edit profile.
- Scroll down the list and find a Country or region. Select your new location.
- Click Save profile.
Spotify Premium users are not required to change the location of their account; however, if you do, you should amend your payment method to a new one issued in your selected country.
- Log in to your Spotify account.
- Select your plan.
- Click on “Update” next to the payment method.
- Add your new payment method, which is issued in your new country. (They reflect changes here on your next billing date.)
Why do I get the error message “You can only use Spotify abroad for 14 days”?
You could occasionally see the error “You can only use Spotify overseas for 14 days” if you have a Free account.
- Using a VPN to change your location to one of the following can quickly fix this:
- Match the current country of your Spotify account, or choose another country where Spotify is accessible.
- This extends access Spotify offers for an additional 14 days. Then, select a different VPN location to connect to once you see this message.
How to Unblock Spotify While Abroad in 2023
Due to licensing and distribution restrictions, some songs may only be available in select countries. However, using a virtual private network (VPN), you can connect the song to a server in a country where it is legally distributed.
- Use the Spotify for Developers: Console tool in the following ways to try in which countries a song is playable: https://developer.spotify.com/console/get-track/.
- Locate the song’s unique ID on Spotify first. Then, look up the song’s title on Spotify.
- To share the song, right-click on it and select “Share.”
- The Song Link Should Be Copied. Open up a new tab in your browser or any other software that can read text and paste the copied song URL.
- A correct URL looks like this: https://open.spotify.com/track/[songID]?si=123.
- To grab the song’s Spotify ID, copy the characters that come after /track/ in the URL.
- Copy your song’s Spotify ID, paste it into the id* area on the website in web browsers, and then click Get Token – Request Token.
- The next screen you see will be an Authorization one.
- If you’re happy with the terms, click the button.
- Go back to the website, scroll, and, this time, click the Try It option.
- To check the country codes where your song is accessible, scroll down to “available markets” on the console on the right.
Download The Spotify App Inside a Restricted Country
Get a VPN first, then connect to any VPN server in certain countries. Spotify is not blocked (e.g., in the US, UK, and Canada).
Although the accepted payment methods differ by country, you should be able to use PayPal, Apple Pay, or even gift cards.
You should be able to download the Spotify app on your device by visiting www.spotify.com!
Can I Unblock Spotify Using a free VPN?
Spotify is the most famous music streaming platform, with 295 million users. You may consider a free VPN to access Spotify rather than paying for a premium VPN service.
It’s tempting to use a free service, especially for fun.
- Free VPNs are always worse than paid ones. In addition, free VPNs may include data limitations and bandwidth restrictions.
- They’re the last thing you want to hear when streaming music. So it would help if you had a paid VPN plan for smooth audio playback.
- Nothing beats being free, yet it is nearly impossible to get. Free VPNs always monetize their services or pester you with pop-up ads to buy something or earn an affiliate commission.
- To do this, they use cookie-tracking links to collect your browsing data from every site you visit for resale.
Here you can find an overview of the number one premium streaming VPN for Spotify and other streaming services.
The world’s most renowned premium VPN service provider in the world, which was established in 2009.
- With 94 countries around the world, and all with high-speed servers optimized for speed.
- Secure browser extensions for Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and more.
- The Lightway Protocol provides greater speeds, security, and dependability.
- Industry-leading customer support: 5-star customer service with 24/7 live chat support.
- Risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- The VPN offers easy-to-use apps for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. You can also find solutions for devices most VPN providers do not support, such as Linux, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, and routers.
- Comprehensive Support Sections on the website are filled with DIY installation and troubleshooting articles, video tutorials, and detailed “How To’s.”
Best VPN For Media Streaming
- It has 5 simultaneous connections, and “device groups” allow you to connect to multiple users or regions on various devices.
- Blazing fast download speeds
- Every device is compatible, and many smart TVs and Android TV streaming devices have it built in.
- The only company that unblocks streaming services on devices like Apple TV, PlayStation, Xbox, and smart TVs that cannot run any VPN in addition to those using VPNs is (via the renowned MediaStreamer solution)
- Regarded as the best VPN for reliably unblocking US Netflix, and unblocks well-known popular streaming services like Hulu, BBC iPlayer, HBO, ESPN, YouTube, and many others.
Best VPN For Privacy and Security:
- Trusted Server means all servers use the most sophisticated VPN server technology available, which erases data upon reboot.
- All Servers run in RAM mode for added security and speed.
- The secure VPN shields phones from malware and other tracking apps thanks to the cutting-edge Threat Manager.
- Many proxy servers hide your location.
- A reliable kill switch offers the industry’s best DNS leak protection if you lose your VPN connection.
Spotify is easy to access anywhere, no matter where you are. You needn’t be tech-savvy to change your online location or proxy server to unblock Spotify’s app or web player.
The best option among the several ways to unblock Spotify is to use a VPN. And ExpressVPN, which offers quicker streaming speeds and secure connections among all the providers currently on the market, is the best choice.