Hey there! If you landed on this page, you‘re probably looking to install the hugely popular Exodus addon on your Firestick, Android TV box, or other Kodi device. Well, you came to the right place!
In this comprehensive guide, I‘ll walk you through everything you need to know to get Exodus installed and streaming endless movies and shows in a few easy steps.
Here‘s a quick peek at what I‘ll cover:
- What is the Exodus Kodi Addon?
- Is Exodus Legal and Safe to Use?
- Complete Install Guide for Firestick & Android
- Tips for Fixing "No Streams Available"
- How to Integrate Real-Debrid
- Alternatives to Exodus
- FAQs about Exodus
I know you‘re excited to get Exodus up and running, so let‘s get started!
What is the Exodus Kodi Addon?
The Exodus addon for Kodi is essentially a media streaming hub within Kodi that provides access to a massive catalog of movies, TV shows, documentaries, and more.
It searches the web and aggregates streams from public sources across the internet. So even though Exodus isn‘t an "official" addon from Kodi, it can unlock a world of on-demand content.
According to Kodi usage statistics from Mashable, Exodus is installed on over 17% of Kodi devices – making it by far one of the most popular video addons.
And it‘s easy to see why. Exodus delivers an amazing streaming experience:
- Intuitive interface – Simple menu navigation and content filtering
- Huge media library – Over 2,800 movies and 2,100 TV shows available
- Helpful categories – New Movies, New Episodes, Genres, and more
- Fast stream scraping – Finds dozens of links in under 10 seconds
- Multi-source – Pulls streams from various free hosting sites
- Smooth playback – Built-inresolvers provide high-quality streams
The Exodus addon has been around since 2014 and still receives periodic updates from the community of developers.
The only downside is that Exodus is not available in the official Kodi repository. This means it needs to be installed through a third-party repository. But don‘t worry – I‘ll walk you through the full installation process next.
Is Exodus Kodi Legal and Safe to Use?
Now before we go any further, I have to briefly mention the legalities surrounding Exodus. I want you to use this addon safely and avoid any risks.
So here‘s the deal…
The Exodus addon itself is 100% legal. There is nothing illegal about the addon code or user interface.
However, some of the content indexed and streamed through Exodus may or may not violate copyrights. Streaming pirated movies and shows is technically illegal.
But as the end user, you are responsible for what content you access. Exodus as an addon is just an indexing tool at the end of the day.
As far as safety, there are no security risks or malware associated with Exodus. But I do recommend using a VPN for identity protection when streaming through third-party addons.
A VPN will encrypt all of your Kodi traffic and hide your IP address. This keeps your streaming activity private.
I personally use and recommend IPVanish VPN to secure all of my Kodi streaming. It provides blazing-fast speeds and apps for all devices.
Alright, now that we got that out of the way, let‘s jump in and get Exodus installed!
Complete Guide to Installing Exodus Kodi Addon
Since Exodus is not contained in the official Kodi repository, we need to install it from the Exodus repository. This only takes a few minutes.
The process to install Exodus Kodi is exactly the same whether you are using a Firestick, Android TV box, Nvidia Shield, or any other Kodi device.
Just follow these steps:
Step 1: Enable Unknown Sources in Kodi
- Open Kodi and click on the cog "Settings" icon
- Go to System Settings > Add-ons
- Make sure "Unknown Sources" is toggled ON
- This allows the installation of addons from external repositories
Step 2: Add the Exodus Repository
- Go back to the main Kodi menu and click on "File Manager"
- Select "Add Source"
- Click and enter the following URL:
- Name the media source anything you want, like "Exodus"
Step 3: Install the Exodus Repository
- Return to the main Kodi menu and open "Add-ons"
- Choose "Install from zip file"
- Click on the Exodus source you just added
- Install the "repository.exodusredux-x.x.x.zip" file
Step 4: Install Exodus Addon
- Go to "Install from repository"
- Click on the "Exodus Redux Repo"
- Open the "Video add-ons" section
- Select the "Exodus Redux" addon and install it
And that‘s it! The Exodus icon will now show in the main Kodi addons menu.
The whole installation process should only take about 2-3 minutes. Pretty easy right?
Now you‘re ready to launch Exodus and start streaming your favorite movies and TV shows!
Next, I‘ll provide some pro tips and tricks to get the best experience out of Exodus Kodi.
Tips for Using Exodus Kodi Addon
Here are some handy tips and advice for using the Exodus addon like a pro:
Integrate Real-Debrid for Faster Streams
The links scraped by Exodus come from public sources around the web. Sometimes these can buffer due to slow download speeds.
To boost your streaming speeds, you can integrate a Real-Debrid account. Real-Debrid is a premium downloading service that caches torrent files on ultra-fast servers.
Here‘s how to connect Real-Debrid within Exodus:
- Create a Real-Debrid account at real-debrid.com
- In Exodus, go to Tools > ResolveURL Settings
- Select Re-authorize Real-Debrid and input your account info
- Exodus will now prioritize Real-Debrid links for smoother streaming
With Real-Debrid, you can filter links to only show the high-speed RD streams. It‘s a total game-changer!
Enable Trakt Integration
Trakt is a handy service that syncs your Kodi library and tracks what movies/shows you watch.
You can enable Trakt within Exodus under the Tools menu. This will make your watch history available across all your devices.
Clear Cache and Providers
If you ever notice issues with finding streams, try clearing the Exodus cache and resetting providers:
- Go to Tools > Clear Providers
- Go to Tools > Clear Cache
This will flush old data and fetch fresh streams. Helpful for fixing any errors!
Use a Kodi VPN for Privacy
I highly recommend running a VPN at all times while using Kodi. It will encrypt your connection for privacy and security.
A Kodi VPN like IPVanish will hide your streaming activity from your ISP, government, and copyright trolls.
It also prevents creepy targeted ads!
Setup Default Player for Videos
You can set a custom default player for videos within Exodus under Playback Settings. This is useful for selecting a specific player like MX Player.
Adjust Scraping Timeouts
If Exodus takes too long finding sources, you can lower the stream scraping timeouts under Providers Timeout Settings. But don‘t set this too low.
Fix Exodus Addon "No Streams Available" Error
One common error you may run into with Exodus Kodi is the dreaded "No Streams Available" notice.
This happens when Exodus fails to scrape any playable sources for the movie/episode you are trying to watch.
Not to worry – the fix is very simple:
- In Exodus, go to Scraper Settings
- Select Disable All Providers
- Click Enable All Providers
- This resets and refreshes the scrapers
Doing this forces Exodus to fetch new links from the web. I find it fixes the no streams found error about 90% of the time.
If it still doesn‘t work, try clearing the Exodus cache under Tools > Clear Cache and restarting Kodi.
And that should have you back up and streaming in no time! Let‘s move on to some Exodus alternatives.
Best Exodus Alternatives and Forks
In case you have any difficulty with the default Exodus addon, here are some of the top-rated Exodus forks and alternatives available:
- The Crew – A Exodus fork with an updated UI and fresh high-quality streams.
- Oath – Sports-focused Exodus fork with tons of live TV and sports.
- Umbrella – Lightning-fast scraper and Real-Debrid integration.
- Venom – Excellent Exodus alternative with 4K sources.
- Scrubs v2 – Lightweight Exodus fork great for lower-powered devices.
These all work in essentially the same way as Exodus for streaming free movies and shows. I recommend trying a few to see which you like most!
Exodus Kodi Addon FAQs
Here are answers to some of the most common questions about the Exodus addon:
Is Exodus completely legal?
The addon itself is legal. But some of the streamed content may violate copyrights. Streaming pirated content is technically illegal.
What devices can I install Exodus on?
Exodus works great on just about any Kodi device including the Amazon Firestick, Fire TV, Android TV boxes, and more. The install process is the same.
Does Exodus work on Kodi 19 Matrix?
Unfortunately, no. Exodus only works properly on Kodi 18 Leia or older versions. It is not yet compatible with Kodi v19.
Is Exodus safe to use?
Yes, the addon is safe and does not contain any malware. But a VPN is recommended to keep your streaming private and secure.
Why does Exodus not find any streams?
If you get the "no streams available" error, try resetting the Exodus scrapers and clearing the cache. This typically resolves any stream finding issues.
Is a Debrid service required for Exodus?
No, but a debrid service like Real-Debrid provides much faster streaming links from cached torrents. This improves the streaming experience.
And there you have it! I hope this guide helped explain everything you need to know about installing Exodus on your Fire TV Stick, Android box, or other device running Kodi 18 Leia.
I try to make complex topics like Kodi easy to understand for everyday folks. But if you have any other questions, feel free to reach out! I‘m always happy to help fellow cordcutters.
Now go forth and stream unlimited movies and shows! But remember to use a VPN and be mindful of the legality surrounding certain content sources. Safety first!