The Estuary Switch Kodi build provides easy access to thousands of movies, TV shows, and more on your Firestick or Android device running Kodi.
In this detailed guide, I‘ll tell you everything you need to know about Estuary Switch including how to install it, the top addons and features, pros and cons, and more.
Let‘s get started!
Overview of Estuary Switch
Estuary Switch is a popular third-party Kodi build specifically designed for Kodi 20 Nexus.
It uses the default Estuary skin so keeps the classic Kodi layout that we all know and love. The main menu categorizes content for quick access without cluttering things up.
According to statistics from TechJuice, Kodi usage grew over 30% last year with Estuary remaining the most popular skin. The simplicity of Estuary Switch likely contributes to this continued popularity.
Some of the key features of Estuary Switch include:
- Streamlined homescreen categories for Movies, TV Shows, Sports, Kids, etc.
- Integration with top Kodi addons like Umbrella, Homelander, Magic Dragon, and Overeasy
- Optional Real-Debrid authorization for premium high-quality streams
- Lightweight and fast performance compared to heavier builds
- Supports Firestick, Fire TV, Android Boxes, and more
However, one downside is that Estuary Switch does not offer any live IPTV integration. You‘ll need to install a separate addon like The Crew if you want to watch live sports and TV channels.
Overall, I think Estuary Switch is a great option for Kodi users who primarily want to watch tons of free on-demand movies and shows. The performance is smooth and the huge content library is appealing.
Next let‘s talk about whether or not this build is safe and legal to use.
Is Estuary Switch Safe and Legal?
Whenever installing third-party Kodi builds and addons from unknown developers, safety and legality are big concerns.
I scanned the Estuary Switch repository with VirusTotal which is a free online virus scanner:
This scan did not detect anything dangerous in the repository itself. However, it‘s impossible for me to guarantee the safety of any unofficial Kodi add-on. Kodi even shows this warning when enabling Unknown Sources:
Third party addons like the ones in Estuary Switch may access personal data stored on your device. To stay fully protected, I recommend connecting a VPN like Surfshark before streaming. This will encrypt all of your Kodi traffic and prevent your data from being intercepted.
When it comes to legality, I can‘t confirm whether Estuary Switch has the proper licensing for the content being offered. From my experience, most of this type of content does violate copyrights.
While Kodi and the builds themselves are perfectly legal, you could get in trouble for streaming prohibited content. Be smart and careful when watching movies and shows from unverified sources online.
Overall, take precautions with any third-party Kodi build:
- Use a premium VPN for privacy and security
- Avoid sharing login credentials with add-ons
- Monitor bandwidth usage and streaming habits
- Ensure your device has an antivirus app installed
- Turn on a firewall if your router supports it
- Close Kodi fully when not using it
Next I‘ll show you how to install Estuary Switch on your device…
How to Install Estuary Switch Kodi Build
Below are step-by-step instructions for installing the Estuary Switch build on your Firestick, Fire TV, or Android box running Kodi 20 Nexus.
I‘ll include both a video tutorial and screenshot walkthrough.
Video Guide for Installing Estuary Switch
Here‘s a quick video demonstrating the full installation process:
Screenshot Guide for Installing Estuary Switch
If you prefer to follow screenshots, here are the steps:
- Open Kodi and go to the Settings menu
- Navigate to System > Add-ons
- Enable Unknown Sources
- Click Yes to confirm on the warning prompt
- Return to the System menu then open File Manager
- Click on Add Source
https://zaxxon709.github.io/repoas the path
- Enter a name like "zaxrepo" and click OK
- Return to the Add-ons section of Settings
- Choose Install from zip file
- Select the "zaxrepo" source you just added
- Install the
- Wait for the Add-on installed notification
- Go to Install from repository > The 7o9 Repo > Program addons
- Install the 7o9 Wizard addon
- Launch the newly installed 7o9 Wizard
- Choose the Estuary Switch build
- Click Continue to start the build installation
- Be patient and wait for it to fully download and extract
- Click OK when prompted
- Force close Kodi and re-launch it to finalize setup
And that‘s all there is to it! The Estuary Switch Kodi build will now be installed and ready to use.
Here are some troubleshooting tips in case you run into any issues:
- Make sure Unknown Sources is enabled in Kodi Settings
- If entering the repo URL manually, use the onscreen keyboard to avoid typos
- Try clearing the Kodi cache in Settings > System > Storage if it gets stuck
- Disable any VPN or antivirus apps temporarily during install
- A slow internet connection will slow down the build download
- If a source can‘t be added, restart Kodi and try again
- On Android, enable install from unknown sources system-wide
- Still having issues? Let me know in the comments!
And that covers the full setup process from start to finish. Next I‘ll highlight some of the key addons and features…
Top Addons and Features in Estuary Switch
Once installed, Estuary Switch grants you access to a huge library of movies, shows, and more courtesy of these great addons:
- Thousands of movies and shows
- Real-Debrid integration
- Requests section
- Fast scraping and streaming
- Focus on documentaries
- Also some TV shows and movies
- Real-Debrid supported
- Interesting niche content
- All Debrid supported
- Helpful search tools
- Large 4K selection
- Adult section
- Primarily TV shows
- Some live sports and PPV events
- Real-Debrid integration
- New movies section
Along with the addons, here are some of my favorite features of this build:
Homescreen Categories – Movies, TV Shows, Sports, Kids content, and more all accessible from the home screen.
Switchable Views – Toggle between different home screens and menus with the click of a button.
Real-Debrid Integration – Many addons support Real-Debrid for premium high-quality streams.
Lightweight and Fast – Uses the default Estuary skin so everything is smooth and responsive.
I really appreciate how easy Estuary Switch is to navigate compared to some other jampacked builds. It‘s got everything you need without slowing things down.
Next I‘ll cover some of the pros and cons of this build compared to alternatives…
Estuary Switch Kodi Build Pros and Cons
No build is perfect so let‘s look at some of the key advantages and disadvantages of Estuary Switch:
- Streamlined interface using Estuary skin
- Massive on-demand movie/TV library
- Real-Debrid support for better quality
- Made for Kodi 20 Nexus specifically
- Lightning fast performance
- Tons of great addons included
- Simple navigation from home screen
- No live TV or IPTV integration
- Missing certain popular addons like The Crew and Seren
- Too many addon options may overwhelm some users
- Potential stability issues with scrapers
- Lacks certain customization options
- Some dead sections and outdated addons
To compare, here is how Estuary Switch stacks up to a few other top builds:
|Estuary Switch||Lightweight, huge media selection, focuses on movies/TV, visually appealing||No live TV or customization, potential stability issues|
|Diggz Xenon||Feature-packed with all content types, highly customizable||Can feel cluttered and bloated|
|Atomic XL||Great for live sports and IPTV, awesome visual styles||Lacks media content variety|
|Titan Bingie||Super fast, easy to use, supports Real-Debrid exceptionally well||Smaller content library, basic feature set|
So in summary, I‘d say Estuary Switch is a fantastic option for Kodi users who want a simple build focused primarily on streaming movies, shows, and documentaries in high quality.
However, if you require live TV access or more customization options, builds like Diggz Xenon or Atomic XL may be better choices. Evaluate your needs and preferences before deciding.
Next I‘ll quickly cover some frequently asked questions about Estuary Switch.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some common questions about this build:
What is the Estuary Switch Kodi build?
It‘s a third-party Kodi build for Kodi 20 that offers easy access to movies, shows, and more. It uses the default Estuary skin.
Is Estuary Switch safe to use?
Like all third-party builds, there are risks. Use a good VPN for privacy and security.
Does Estuary Switch have live sports or IPTV?
No, you‘ll need a separate IPTV addon for live TV access. Estuary Switch is focused on VOD content.
How do I install Estuary Switch on Firestick or Android TV?
Follow the step-by-step guide earlier in this article to install it. Make sure to enable Unknown Sources.
What are the best Kodi addons in Estuary Switch?
Some of the top addons include Umbrella, Overeasy, Homelander, and Magic Dragon – most integrate with Real-Debrid too.
Is Estuary Switch legal to use?
The build itself is legal but some of the streamed content may violate copyright. Use discretion when streaming.
How do I reset Kodi before installing Estuary Switch?
Go to Settings > System > Reset. Choose "Full Reset" to wipe Kodi back to factory settings.
I hope this in-depth guide helps explain everything about the Estuary Switch Kodi build! Let me know if you have any other questions and I‘ll do my best to answer them.